Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

DD90C213-08E5-468D-B320-3DD5E149E16D.jpg

Not a commentator but our very own Stevo who had borrowed a pair of my freinds glasses to walk around the crowd at Whitten Oval , not sure if it was leading up to the preliminary final or grand final.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    DD90C213-08E5-468D-B320-3DD5E149E16D.jpg

Not a commentator but our very own Stevo who had borrowed a pair of my freinds glasses to walk around the crowd at Whitten Oval , not sure if it was leading up to the preliminary final or grand final.
    So many questions.

Why did he borrow your friends glasses? Why didn't he have his own glasses? Why did he need glasses? Was it because they were bulldog glasses? Did he give them back?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So many questions.

Why did he borrow your friends glasses? Why didn't he have his own glasses? Why did he need glasses? Was it because they were bulldog glasses? Did he give them back?
    Yeah pretty much because they were bulldog glasses, he was offered, he loved them. A little fun in a happy environment.
    Gave them back later.
    Just a jovial moment.
    I told him to pose with them on so he did and I took a couple of pics.
    He wandered around with them for awhile getting a few laughs.
    Bring back the biff

5. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was going to start a new thread (in the AFL forum maybe) but figured maybe this one is the best place for it

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...mayor/12778660

Apparently Basil Zempilas not only ran for but won the election to be Lord Mayor of Perth.

Not sure this is the right place for this but it is kind of AFL related

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Was going to start a new thread (in the AFL forum maybe) but figured maybe this one is the best place for it

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...mayor/12778660

Apparently Basil Zempilas not only ran for but won the election to be Lord Mayor of Perth.

Not sure this is the right place for this but it is kind of AFL related
    Yeah, on a platform of sending homeless people to the gulag apparently. What a dick.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Rocket Science, hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah, on a platform of sending homeless people to the gulag apparently. What a dick.
    That's what I heard originally too but someone come out today and said Zempilas actually did some research/had someone talk to him about it and he has had his eyes opened and has changed his view on the matter for the better, so kudos to him I guess for not being a complete dick.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    That's what I heard originally too but someone come out today and said Zempilas actually did some research/had someone talk to him about it and he has had his eyes opened and has changed his view on the matter for the better, so kudos to him I guess for not being a complete dick.
    That's a relief if true and reflected in his actions. The homeless stuff was the only thing I'd heard about his candidacy before I saw he won.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I’m not looking forward to is Macavaney, BT and Duck calling the game.
    Bring back the biff

13. Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    One thing I’m not looking forward to is Macavaney, BT and Duck calling the game.
    Same. God help us if dusty and danger are both involved in a play that Bruce calls....get the tissues.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Same. God help us if dusty and danger are both involved in a play that Bruce calls....get the tissues.
    He might be forced to pick a favourite and it will be whoever’s team is leading at the time.
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    You mean Paddy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes azabob, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You mean Paddy
    Yeah, they're great mates now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I don’t pay much attention to the channel 7 commentary team, but I do like hearing Pearce and Richardson’s insights.

But twice last night both Richardson and Pearce made astute observations which BT somewhat ignored but then later in the call rehashed them as his own.

Whilst I’m at it, they actively have demoted the best footy mind in the business in Jimmy Bartel because of his marriage indiscretions but happy promote Wayne Carey and previously Leigh Matthews.
    Just another example of what is wrong with channel 7 coverage.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So I don’t pay much attention to the channel 7 commentary team, but I do like hearing Pearce and Richardson’s insights.

But twice last night both Richardson and Pearce made astute observations which BT somewhat ignored but then later in the call rehashed them as his own.

Whilst I’m at it, they actively have demoted the best footy mind in the business in Jimmy Bartel because of his marriage indiscretions but happy promote Wayne Carey and previously Leigh Matthews.
    Just another example of what is wrong with channel 7 coverage.
    I can't believe you've said all this and yet failed to mention the biggest blight on the commentary planet, Brayshaw.

Also, while I acknowledge that Hodge is a pretty good footbal mind, he needs some diction lessons. They might as well say "now we're crossing to a drunk guy in the crowd so we can hear how he orders a kebab on the way home after a big night out". Just total mumbled ramblings.
    "It's over. It's all over."

24. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I can't believe you've said all this and yet failed to mention the biggest blight on the commentary planet, Brayshaw.

Also, while I acknowledge that Hodge is a pretty good footbal mind, he needs some diction lessons. They might as well say "now we're crossing to a drunk guy in the crowd so we can hear how he orders a kebab on the way home after a big night out". Just total mumbled ramblings.
    Hahahaaaa.

Pferb eh snork re blep ba smicken defender do thing good.