Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Funny stuff
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

My husband put the footy on Friday night and within 2 seconds I said "I'm over Bruce already".

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to Kelli Underwood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    She was doing the netball last time I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    ABC Radio
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching the Suns versus Saints game, and the Suns were awarded a 100m penalty. BT would not shut the hell up and let the umpire audio tell the story of why the 50m penalty was so long, rather, he carried on about how the umpire must have lost his bearings and awarded such a distance penalty by mistake.

The in-jokes and the lack of actual analysis on Saturday night's is over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Just watching the Suns versus Saints game, and the Suns were awarded a 100m penalty. BT would not shut the hell up and let the umpire audio tell the story of why the 50m penalty was so long, rather, he carried on about how the umpire must have lost his bearings and awarded such a distance penalty by mistake.

The in-jokes and the lack of actual analysis on Saturday night's is over the top.
    BT and other commentators alike, IMO seem to think their commentary and opinion is more important to us than the actual game.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Hey Chicago1, Will you still be doing your little stints on the radio next season?
    That was posted six years ago!

This is the third season that I haven't been on 774. I kind of miss the fun I had, but I certainly don't miss the late hours every Thursday night for 26 weeks of the year! It's a good thing I'm not doing the tipping this year on air. I'm 1-5 so far this round, probably the worst I have done in many years.

I listened to the 774 broadcast last night. Enjoyed Kelli Underwood.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Eddie was good commentating our game again, closet dogs supporter, certainly man love for Young.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant stand BT and Darce they would have to be the worst in the Game.
    They nearly made me turn it off last night!

Post Thanks / Like

How useless are sports commentators generally. After our win, I heard such gaffs as 'Ryan Higgins',( ABC news ) ' Daniel Dickson ' and one other I can't remember.
    The so called 'experts' all failed to pick us. The only three in the HUN were perpetual one eyed optimists Julia Gillard, Brad Johnson and the Kiss of death.
    Lloyd comes out and says our forward line looks different this season, but it's almost the same as last year, just more developed. Experts pah.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    How useless are sports commentators generally. After our win, I heard such gaffs as 'Ryan Higgins',( ABC news ) ' Daniel Dickson ' and one other I can't remember.
    The so called 'experts' all failed to pick us. The only three in the HUN were perpetual one eyed optimists Julia Gillard, Brad Johnson and the Kiss of death.
    Lloyd comes out and says our forward line looks different this season, but it's almost the same as last year, just more developed. Experts pah.
    We were the under dog, so don't blame them not picking us. The errors you mentioned are unforgivable.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Who apart from diehards would have picked us?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I thought Eddie was good commentating our game again, closet dogs supporter, certainly man love for Young.
    Eddie is quite a good 'excitable' type commentator for neutral games, always has been. He was very good on Saturday.

BT, Darce and Richo are the most inane, deliberately dumbed-down, self-indulgent commentary team going around today. Truly awful, catering to the lowest common denominator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Who apart from diehards would have picked us?
    15% of punters did. I just get surprised at how commentators play follow the sheep. Teams that win the NAB usually struggle a bit in the first game. Add the interstate travel, the fact that we were allowed to train at Etihad before the game, the addition of Morris and Cooney. The fact that Boyd was an out ( our kids were always going to tear a new one in this situation - Libba had a blinder ).

A lot of these guys often get our names wrong - confirms the belief they actually don't follow things that closely and just echo each other's opinions.