Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

I particularly like the amnesia of some "Experts"
    Who pumped up Melbournes Money ball recruiting and are now bagging it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Who apart from diehards would have picked us?
    I didn't think we'd win but Didn't think we 'd get flogged.
    You couldn't pick us after last years awful second half of the year.
    I think MJP summed it up perfectly it was nice to see some nice ball movement and a game plan. Got a feeling this week there will be more pressure and more a tight tough game.

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't heard Eddie comment a whole game for years - but when watching the replay on Saturday night (re-living the great day) I was reminded of how good Eddie is.

There is probably no better commentator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I particularly like the amnesia of some "Experts"
    Who pumped up Melbournes Money ball recruiting and are now bagging it.
    On Footy Classified we were labelled directionless and in serious trouble after the Fremantle game, though this week they for some reason weren't nearly as damning, albeit stopping short of giving us credit for our performance or going into it with any depth.

It seems that all they talk about on that program is Melbourne and Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    On Footy Classified we were labelled directionless and in serious trouble after the Fremantle game, though this week they for some reason weren't nearly as damning, albeit stopping short of giving us credit for our performance or going into it with any depth.

Yeah they are idiots, i mean we fielded our weakest possible side against freo in week 3 of the nab, which is usually where sides switch off and try and few things. Add to that Freo were playing their last game with a full strength side.

These commentators only look at a scoreboard without seeing the forest for the trees.

I thought our NAB cup campaign was pretty good. Steady improvement, all the sides we played were pretty much top 8 sides. We beat Hawthorn and were all over Richmond until the rain came down. Our new additions sured up glaring holes from last year and allowed others to move to new roles like Picken, Roughead and Murphy.

Granted we were lucky in that we didn't miss many goals and the lions put almost no pressure on us so we hit all the targets.

Won't be the same next week, expect us to get frustrated again at Cordy and Jones for their inability to take marks and constant running under the flight of the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    How useless are sports commentators generally. After our win, I heard such gaffs as 'Ryan Higgins',( ABC news ) ' Daniel Dickson ' and one other I can't remember.

KB said on SEN this morning "I wouldnt have thought the Bulldogs were any chance to win without their captain Brad Boyd playing"

I mean c'mon! Matthew Boyd is the captain of an AFL team. He at least deserves not to be confused with a bloke who retired more than a decade ago. If it was the first time that KB called him Brad it wouldnt worry me but KB calls him Brad more often than Matthew.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    KB said on SEN this morning "I wouldnt have thought the Bulldogs were any chance to win without their captain Brad Boyd playing"

I mean c'mon! Matthew Boyd is the captain of an AFL team. He at least deserves not to be confused with a bloke who retired more than a decade ago. If it was the first time that KB called him Brad it wouldnt worry me but KB calls him Brad more often than Matthew.
    What an absolute dick head of the highest order.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Eddie is quite a good 'excitable' type commentator for neutral games, always has been. He was very good on Saturday.
    Eddie had Markovic playing for us on Saturday. Not sure whom he was referring to when he said that. To his credit he did correct himself a few minutes later.

I don't mind listening to Eddie but can't frigging handle Dwayne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What an absolute dick head of the highest order.

He was on air with Martin Blake at the time. You could almost hear Blake's embarrassment seep through the speakers.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Eddie had Markovic playing for us on Saturday. Not sure whom he was referring to when he said that. To his credit he did correct himself a few minutes later.

I don't mind listening to Eddie but can't frigging handle Dwayne.
    That was when Lower had the ball and got a clearance into the forward 50.
    Nice work from Eddie to correct his mistake too!

Post Thanks / Like

Was Brad Boyd that good in his 70 - 80 games?

Surprised anyone remembers him to be honest.

Has Nick been called Ed Lower yet? I had to correct a Bulldog fan on Saturday for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Haven't watched FC for ages but after the weekend win I was watching anyhting and everyhing where the dogs were likely to get some coverage

They said two things about our game.....how flat Brisbane were and how Goodes will never enjoy that much freedom again. They might be right but geez...give us some credit.

I won't be watching again. Lyon looked like he only had weeks to live, Hutchy was being a typical arsehole, Caro was her usual santimonious self and Lloyd was trying to sound intelligent with limited success. The most interesting part of the show was checking out Lloyd's hairstyle (Something about Mary style) and Caro looked like she had a Darth Vader helmet on. Actually she looked more like Cousin IT. The only thing you could see amongst her hair was her nose. Bizarre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Was Brad Boyd that good in his 70 - 80 games?

Surprised anyone remembers him to be honest.

Has Nick been called Ed Lower yet? I had to correct a Bulldog fan on Saturday for this.
    On ABC Radio one of the commentators asked Bob Murphy about Ed Lower - and Bob corrected him.

"Its Nick Lower actually - but a nice shout out there to Ed!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Haven't watched FC for ages but after the weekend win I was watching anyhting and everyhing where the dogs were likely to get some coverage

They said two things about our game.....how flat Brisbane were and how Goodes will never enjoy that much freedom again. They might be right but geez...give us some credit.

I won't be watching again. Lyon looked like he only had weeks to live, Hutchy was being a typical arsehole, Caro was her usual santimonious self and Lloyd was trying to sound intelligent with limited success. The most interesting part of the show was checking out Lloyd's hairstyle (Something about Mary style) and Caro looked like she had a Darth Vader helmet on. Actually she looked more like Cousin IT. The only thing you could see amongst her hair was her nose. Bizarre.
    I hate that show as well as all the Channel 9 commentators.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post

Hahahaha, the word Bizarre is apt! The show's actually become more of a sinister pantomime than a football analysis show.