Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Haven't watched FC for ages but after the weekend win I was watching anyhting and everyhing where the dogs were likely to get some coverage

They said two things about our game.....how flat Brisbane were and how Goodes will never enjoy that much freedom again. They might be right but geez...give us some credit.

I won't be watching again. Lyon looked like he only had weeks to live, Hutchy was being a typical arsehole, Caro was her usual santimonious self and Lloyd was trying to sound intelligent with limited success. The most interesting part of the show was checking out Lloyd's hairstyle (Something about Mary style) and Caro looked like she had a Darth Vader helmet on. Actually she looked more like Cousin IT. The only thing you could see amongst her hair was her nose. Bizarre.
    Very funny post.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Was anybody watching AFL Insider just before?

Al Lynch was praising the Bulldogs disposal again the Lions, he then went on to say the Bulldogs have been one of the worst in terms of disposal effiencey for the past 6-7 years.

Rocket gave him the dirtiest look and said 'I actally think they were one of the best dring 08-10.

Quite funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Was Brad Boyd that good in his 70 - 80 games?

Surprised anyone remembers him to be honest.

Has Nick been called Ed Lower yet? I had to correct a Bulldog fan on Saturday for this.
    He was fantastic for a short period but career was ruined by back injuries. Was given the Fitzroy captaincy and ended up being their final captain. Would have easily been part of Brusbane's premiership teams on talent & leadership but his body let him down.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Who apart from diehards would have picked us?
    Haven't watched FC for ages but after the weekend win I was watching anyhting and everyhing where the dogs were likely to get some coverage

They said two things about our game.....how flat Brisbane were and how Goodes will never enjoy that much freedom again. They might be right but geez...give us some credit.

I won't be watching again. Lyon looked like he only had weeks to live, Hutchy was being a typical arsehole, Caro was her usual santimonious self and Lloyd was trying to sound intelligent with limited success. The most interesting part of the show was checking out Lloyd's hairstyle (Something about Mary style) and Caro looked like she had a Darth Vader helmet on. Actually she looked more like Cousin IT. The only thing you could see amongst her hair was her nose. Bizarre.
    Can someone tell Craig Hutchison he is going bald.
    Just shave it off !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Hahahaha, the word Bizarre is apt! The show's actually become more of a sinister pantomime than a football analysis show.
    Haven't watched it since we last won, but they just needle each other in a phoney rehearsed manner.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually watched FC for the first time ever.

Thought Caro had a good face for radio and a voice suited for print.

Don't think I'll bother again.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Please send urgent donations of combs, ironed shirts, shaving cream and razors to TheAge sports journalism department.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 08-04-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Please send urgent donations of combs, ironed shirts, shaving cream and razors to TheAge sports journalism department.
    I don't understand this question and I won't respond to it.

Seriously though I don't have a clue what any of that meant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Seriously though I don't have a clue what any of that meant
    The pic link broke. See below. The players sprout beards so the journo's have a crack.
    Looks like he just stepped off a deserted island.

Last edited by Ghost Dog; 08-04-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The pic link broke. See below. The players sprout beards so the journo's have a crack.
    Looks like he just stepped off a deserted island.

How long has Macca been working at The Age?

Post Thanks / Like

How long has Macca been working at The Age?
    Cropped out the spare tire. unmistakably not Brendan...

edit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Lucille?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

We have to suppose the commentators make mistakes about other teams' players' names..... don't we? We only notice our own.

Mark Ricciuto (see, I can even spell HIS name) kept calling our coach McCarthy. Do they live in an air bubble? They're supposed to be knowledgeable about the teams they're commentating about. A few minutes' refresher from the Record before the game could help.

Dwayne Russell seems to hold the Dogs in contempt, never has anything positive to say about us. And he needs to stop calling JJ, "Yohanissen".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly5 View Post
    Dwayne Russell seems to hold the Dogs in contempt, never has anything positive to say about us. And he needs to stop calling JJ, "Yohanissen".
    In round one I'm pretty sure they kept calling him "Yo-Hansen". Might have been the radio doing it but somebody was.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly5 View Post
    We have to suppose the commentators make mistakes about other teams' players' names..... don't we? We only notice our own.

Mark Ricciuto (see, I can even spell HIS name) kept calling our coach McCarthy. Do they live in an air bubble? They're supposed to be knowledgeable about the teams they're commentating about. A few minutes' refresher from the Record before the game could help.

"Yohanissen' is the correct pronunciation.