Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  65
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shane Biggs is a Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Agreed.

He makes a few mistakes with his disposal, but he works really hard at it afterwards, really composed and a great addition to the team, has been great for us and a very astute pickup considering Sydney's ancient backline.
    It's puzzling that they let him go isn't. Especially losing malcheski. Same goes for Hamling. Geelong let him go and they are also will be in need for a tall defender with their ancient backline.
    Kudos to our recruiter's!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's puzzling that they let him go isn't. Especially losing malcheski. Same goes for Hamling. Geelong let him go and they are also will be in need for a tall defender with their ancient backline.
    Kudos to our recruiter's!
    Didn't both clubs want to rookie list them again? Seems Macca watched them closer than their coaches and judged them better.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He has had a good month, however I am still nervous when he has the ball in his hands. I like his attitude and willingness to work both ways and his run is a great "out" from defensive 50. Like Talia, if the forwards and mids work hard to get into space when he has the footy, it takes a bit of pressure off his need to "pin-point" his disposal of the footy, which in turn, helps with his disposal of the footy.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's puzzling that they let him go isn't.
    You can thank the Bondi Billionaires for this - players have been squeezed out to fit them into the salary cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    You can thank the Bondi Billionaires for this - players have been squeezed out to fit them into the salary cap.
    Yep. It's a shame for them one of the BB is more like Christopher Skase than Bill Gates. Tippett should get Majorka before fraud charges over millions are laid.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

The Billionaires have just realised how Donald ducked they are with those huge contracts and are now flailing about trying to deflect blame. Collis having a go at Fitzpatrick last week was comical. Look at your clubs actions before you go trying to deflect blame mr President.

If the AFL bail Sydney out if this tgat will be it for me. No more AFL.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    He has had a good month, however I am still nervous when he has the ball in his hands.
    I'm less so.
    He rarely goes the safe option - in some cases he's too brave with his disposal - but his teammates certainly aren't scared to put the ball in his hands in tight situations. He'll be ok, we've found one here and he cost us nothing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Great goal of his too. If he always kicks that straight he has a licence to roam forward.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my doubts on Biggs, but his last few weeks have been sensational.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved that he kicked his first goal. Enjoyed seeing the players get around him. Love seeing those showings of enjoying a team mates' successes.

11. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the observations above I have also enjoyed his ability to compete in the air against taller opponents. Reminds me a bit of Gilbee in the that regard. I was surprised to see him listed at 187cm, looks smaller on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

He's actually a very good distributor by foot - most players make a couple of errors by foot per game, but for the most part Biggs is able to hit both pressure kicks and open play kicks.

One thing players need to understand is that Biggs prefers the 20-35m pass, which means most of the time he requires his team mates to present to the ball and not lead backwards - one of his turnovers was due to a misunderstanding of this, think it may have been Jong, who was looking for it over the top whereas Biggs wanted him to present to the ball. As it was, Biggs ended up fixing the mistake by spoiling the Melbourne player a few moments later.

I'm impressed - he's a good player and very assured for a 12 gamer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. It's a shame for them one of the BB is more like Christopher Skase than Bill Gates. Tippett should get Majorka before fraud charges over millions are laid.
    Love your posts BDtragic, keep em' comin.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I love him because Sydney fans were disappointed to lose him. Suffer in yer' red and white jocks.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Biggs and Hunter have been major reasons for our current form. And they came out of nowhere, two players on fringe who have seized their opportunity and not only held their own but contributed significantly to an improved team performance. They both win a lot of possessions and both have been good with the distribution, helping in no small way to our current tag as the most attacking team in the comp.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon