Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade to Gold Coast?

I would've thought if there was to be any financial compensation given this cap it should be covering the costs of the hiring/interviewing process for the next person. So something in the 10-20k range seems reasonable from that point of view.

Post Thanks / Like

[B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

A different take on Rocket.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/beware-o...rnssuns_311014

Former Sydney defender Brad Seymour has blasted the appointment of Rodney Eade to the Gold Coast Suns, predicting the former Bulldogs and Swans coach will leave a trail of carnage in his wake.

On Thursday, the Suns officially unveiled Eade as their next head coach after Collingwood agreed to release him from the last two years of his contract as director of football.

Eade, a veteran of 314 AFL games as coach of the Swans and Bulldogs, joins the Suns on a three-year deal for his first head coaching appointment since 2011.

Suns chairman John Witheriff championed the appointment in a statement, saying an experienced coach is the next step in the expansion club's bid to play finals football.

But Seymour, who played under Eade at the Swans from his 1996 appointment until he was replaced by Paul Roos inn 2002, says they've got no idea what they're in for.

"He got shown the door at Sydney, he got shown the door at the Western Bulldogs," Seymour told the SportsFan Clubhouse.

"The Gold Coast Suns hierarchy must see something that I don't, because I'm astounded by this decision."

Though renowned as an astute tactician and football brain, Eade's confrontational style of coaching eventually ended in player revolts at both the Swans and Bulldogs.

Seymour suspects Eade would not be coaching again were it not for a lack of viable, experienced candidates for the Suns role.

"I think it's a reflection of a very shallow coaching pool that we have at the moment," he added.

"A lot of clubs in recent times have gone for younger coaches. Adelaide have bucked that trend a little going with Phil Walsh, and the same now has happened with the Suns.

"I think this is going to be a two-year honeymoon period for the Suns, but get ready for carnage after that because this can't end well."

Post Thanks / Like

I think Seymour has a bee in his Bonet on Eade.
    Vaguely recall him giving him a bake a while ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it's best to just stay quiet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    A different take on Rocket.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/beware-o...rnssuns_311014

Former Sydney defender Brad Seymour has blasted the appointment of Rodney Eade to the Gold Coast Suns, predicting the former Bulldogs and Swans coach will leave a trail of carnage in his wake.

On Thursday, the Suns officially unveiled Eade as their next head coach after Collingwood agreed to release him from the last two years of his contract as director of football.

Eade, a veteran of 314 AFL games as coach of the Swans and Bulldogs, joins the Suns on a three-year deal for his first head coaching appointment since 2011.

Suns chairman John Witheriff championed the appointment in a statement, saying an experienced coach is the next step in the expansion club's bid to play finals football.

But Seymour, who played under Eade at the Swans from his 1996 appointment until he was replaced by Paul Roos inn 2002, says they've got no idea what they're in for.

"He got shown the door at Sydney, he got shown the door at the Western Bulldogs," Seymour told the SportsFan Clubhouse.

"The Gold Coast Suns hierarchy must see something that I don't, because I'm astounded by this decision."

Though renowned as an astute tactician and football brain, Eade's confrontational style of coaching eventually ended in player revolts at both the Swans and Bulldogs.

Seymour suspects Eade would not be coaching again were it not for a lack of viable, experienced candidates for the Suns role.

"I think it's a reflection of a very shallow coaching pool that we have at the moment," he added

"A lot of clubs in recent times have gone for younger coaches. Adelaide have bucked that trend a little going with Phil Walsh, and the same now has happened with the Suns.

"I think this is going to be a two-year honeymoon period for the Suns, but get ready for carnage after that because this can't end well."
    ---------

Found this of most interest.

Great time to be hunting for a coach. Particularly when our next senior appointment's widely regarded as one we just HAVE to get right.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    ---------

Found this of most interest.

Great time to be hunting for a coach. Particularly when our next senior appointment's widely regarded as one we just HAVE to get right.
    Blind Freddy knew before we made the call that their was no obvious candidate to get the top job.
    More of an In Bruges guy?