Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  58
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Hamling a Dog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hamling a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Interesting this. I agree his presser seemed to lack a bit of the enthusiasm you might have expected from a first gamer who came away with a great win. I did go to the Frankston game the next day though and Hammer was there to support the boys (dressed in double denim I might add). From all the training I've seen him in and the games he has played for Footscray and Western Bulldogs, he is definitely on board.
    I thought he was perhaps a bit nervous in front of the camera. He wouldn't have done much if any media in Geelong and he is by all reports a shy, country boy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Was super impressed with this kid against Port. Did a couple of really impressive things that i don't see too often. We have found another player here and well done to whoever is responsible for being impressed enough to give him another shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want too go early seeing as Tom Young played a few early ok games, but this kid doesn't play like a delisted and game less tall project type player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't want to go early seeing as Tom Young played a few early ok games, but this kid doesn't play like a delisted and game less tall project type player.
    He's solid. Good pickup no matter where or how he ends up.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to go early seeing as Tom Young played a few early ok games, but this kid doesn't play like a delisted and game less tall project type player.
    He's the the player we effectively gave up any hope of getting Jayden Foster to give a spot to. The club called it right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't even make a comparison between the two BT. ☺

Happy to eat my words on Hamling. I was pretty disappointed we went for him. He's done everything right so far.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's the the player we effectively gave up any hope of getting Jayden Foster to give a spot to. The club called it right.
    A bit early on Jayden, he kicked a couple last week when Jones kicked one. So he's already twice as good as Jones...

But yep, a solid decision.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want too go early seeing as Tom Young played a few early ok games, but this kid doesn't play like a delisted and game less tall project type player.
    Tom Young was good early, no idea what happened
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

11. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit early on Jayden, he kicked a couple last week when Jones kicked one. So he's already twice as good as Jones...

But yep, a solid decision.
    Jaiyden could be a good player for the Blues but Hamling fits our style perfectly. He's a good kick and thinks quickly when he has the ball. He has good balance too. He can jump and compete in the marking contest the land on his feet and compete in the contest or provide an option.

Jayden would be fourth in line for a spot in the forward line or the backline at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Hamling is looking every bit the AFL standard defender. Reading the play well, playing within his limitations and the defensive system which sees the boys work as a back six rather than 6 isolated man on man contests. He is managing the physical side of the game OK, covering a lot of space and being aggressive with his spoils. Enjoying what he has dished up since being given a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of the Matthew Scarlett dead pan attitude about him with these quotes:

But what about finally cracking an AFL game 1283 days after he was drafted one pick before dual premiership Hawk Brad Hill?

“To be honest I wasn’t really excited,” Hamling said.

“I knew I’d eventually make it but when it finally came around I didn’t get excited or emotional, I went and did what I had to.

“Now I’m (four) games into an AFL career for (three) wins and that’s exciting.”

From this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1227419057882

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Bit of the Matthew Scarlett dead pan attitude about him with these quotes:

But what about finally cracking an AFL game 1283 days after he was drafted one pick before dual premiership Hawk Brad Hill?

“To be honest I wasn’t really excited,” Hamling said.

“I knew I’d eventually make it but when it finally came around I didn’t get excited or emotional, I went and did what I had to.

“Now I’m (four) games into an AFL career for (three) wins and that’s exciting.”

From this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1227419057882
    A bit Chris Mew even.

Post Thanks / Like

How good has Hamling been since he played his first game. Has been rarely beaten and plays like he is a veteran of the game. Hard to believe he has only played 7 AFL games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan, he is more mobile than Talia and Roberts and has good disposal - can kick it quite long and does not seem to get flustered. I think he, Roberts and Z Cordy and possibly Talia will be our KPD stalwarts in years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How good has Hamling been since he played his first game. Has been rarely beaten and plays like he is a veteran of the game. Hard to believe he has only played 7 AFL games.
    Sensational. He'll match up really well on Gunston on Grand Final day.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes Twodogs, The Bulldogs Bite, Smads57 liked this post