Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  58
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamling a Dog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hamling a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Tutt seems a certainty to be gone, have both Fuller and Pearce been training ?
    Training officially doesn't start until Wednesday November 5th for the younger players.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the Age this pm. 'The Blues will also secure former Bulldog Jason Tutt. They will either pick up Tutt as a delisted free agent, or, should the Bulldogs not delist him, through the pre-season draft'.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...02-11fpt9.html

Post Thanks / Like

This is decent business by the club from where I sit. A few clubs would've spoken to Hamling, but he's chosen us. Probably due to the list being where it's at and also the clear opportunity that our back line would present for him.

I've been banging on about how important it is for the club for both Roberts and Talia to really kick on next season. With Hamling, I think we now have a third option. We can throw brackets around the names Roberts, Talia and Hamling and hope that at least two of them kick on next year. Then there's Zaine Cordy and suddenly we have a fair few young defenders to watch....

That's a lot more uplifting than pinning hopes on Austin and Markovic!

5. Likes boydogs, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Joel 'the hammer'!

Very excited to have a TeamWA boy at the dogs...our ONLY one.
    What about JaJo?

7. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale and Murph will retire soon. Talia hasn't come along and Zane was only just recruited. Young and Austin delisted.
    It's a real area of concern down back. Can't think of anyone near able to replicate what Dale and Murph can do.
    We need to glean as much as we can from their experience by shoving replacements down there. Welcome to the club Hamo. Learn all you can from the glove.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Talia hasn't come along.
    I hate reading these comments, Talia is 21, 21 , the exact same age as the kid we just recruited. He played some very strong VFL footy this year and genuinely developed. I expect Michael to become a consistent performer at AFL level very soon.

Recruiting Hamling will add to some healthy competition in the defensive 6 next year which is only a good thing.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

10. Likes Twodogs, bornadog, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I hate reading these comments, Talia is 21, 21 , the exact same age as the kid we just recruited. He played some very strong VFL footy this year and genuinely developed. I expect Michael to become a consistent performer at AFL level very soon.

Recruiting Hamling will add to some healthy competition in the defensive 6 next year which is only a good thing.
    Talia's kicking seemed to have improved later in the year. He was actually pretty good by foot in the GF. He's got some size on him, so needs to work on his speed. He can be a bit sluggish at times. He also needs to master the tools of the trade, but I think that'll come with some physical development. A big pre-season will set him up and everything will stem from that. He really needs to clock-on on Wednesday and get to work!

But I like what I saw with his kicking. You could see he really focused on that aspect. He had his head more over the ball and was more exacting. That's a good sign that he is prepared to work on things and isn't just ambling along.

Hopefully he and Roberts will be kicked along by the competition that's coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Tutt seems a certainty to be gone, have both Fuller and Pearce been training ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    From the Age this pm. 'The Blues will also secure former Bulldog Jason Tutt. They will either pick up Tutt as a delisted free agent, or, should the Bulldogs not delist him, through the pre-season draft'.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...02-11fpt9.html
    I'm happy we're playing hard ball with Tutt, I doubt we are holding out any real hope of convincing him to stay but seeing as we seemingly didn't want to lose him and Carlton and Tutt were happy to play the PSD card, stuff them, wait til the DFA period is over before delisting him and make them get him in the PSD, if we delist him now they can get him as a DFA and he can start training with carlsum straight away, nup, why give either of them a headstart
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    I'm happy we're playing hard ball with Tutt, I doubt we are holding out any real hope of convincing him to stay but seeing as we seemingly didn't want to lose him and Carlton and Tutt were happy to play the PSD card, stuff them, wait til the DFA period is over before delisting him and make them get him in the PSD, if we delist him now they can get him as a DFA and he can start training with carlsum straight away, nup, why give either of them a headstart
    I have the same sentiments as you. Only thing is, if we delist him after the DFA period can we still get a pick for him the ND or do we have to wait for the PSD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I have the same sentiments as you. Only thing is, if we delist him after the DFA period can we still get a pick for him the ND or do we have to wait for the PSD?
    My understanding, and i am not 100% on this so could very well be wrong, is that the DFA signing window ends before the draft and is then the final list lodgement before the draft so we can delist him then, or he walks to the draft either way and we then fill that spot in the national draft if we wish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday November 13, by 2pm - List lodgement (2).

Friday November 14 - AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Wednesday November 19 - Delisted primary list draft nomination form lodgement; Non–retained rookie players draft nomination form lodgement; Players not registered or played for three years rookie nomination. NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Thursday November 27 - NAB AFL Draft selection meeting (Gold Coast Convention Centre).

Friday November 28 - NAB AFL delisted free agency Period (3) begins

Isn't very clear, but looks like we can at least delay it up until the draft, Then Carlton if they still want to can pick him up as a DFA straight after the draft
    Personally, i'd play it out as long as we can, partly from spite but also because it disadvantages our opposition even if it is ever so slightly

Post Thanks / Like

An important date is

Wednesday November 12 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes; Out of contract listed AFL primary list players draft nomination form and player request for removal from list form Lodged with AFL; New or expired (after three years) draft nomination form lodgement.
    Basically means that if Tutt wants to be removed from our list and enter the draft, he must do so by that date, which is before the second list lodgement date so we'll know at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post

Fair point with the age factor. Well played. Give the kid a break eh? With Bulldogs blood in him, would love nothing more for him to succeed.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I play mixed futsal on a Sunday night at Whitten Oval, and was doing a lap of the oval to warm up last night. Hamling was there training with a mate. If he's going to be training at 1930 on a Sunday night at the start of November, I'm happy we've got him on the list. Good luck Joel!

21. Likes N/A, lemmon, KT31, Twodogs, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I play mixed futsal on a Sunday night at Whitten Oval, and was doing a lap of the oval to warm up last night. Hamling was there training with a mate. If he's going to be training at 1930 on a Sunday night at the start of November, I'm happy we've got him on the list. Good luck Joel!
    Is this some type of nine a side or touch AFL ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.