Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I thought the cat you introduced me to was a Geelong supporter. On account of the whole cat thing.
    No, he was an evil black and white cat. And no hoops.

My current cat is bigger than many dogs, highly skilful and merciless. Think Richmond late seventies. I think he's channeling those bastards. He can't be trusted.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    No, he was an evil black and white cat. And no hoops.

My current cat is bigger than many dogs, highly skilful and merciless. Think Richmond late seventies. I think he's channeling those bastards. He can't be trusted.

Maybe he's a reincarnation of Graeme Richmond?

My cat was sitting on the ground yesterday, slipped and fell over. I've never seen a cat do that before.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a training agenda for the Sunshine Coast trip. I have a mate up there who is a dogs man and is keen for a look. I know there's an open session on Sun 1st, but no other detail. He thought he might be able to head down to watch from the fence on the odd oval based session.

Any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Anyone have a training agenda for the Sunshine Coast trip. I have a mate up there who is a dogs man and is keen for a look. I know there's an open session on Sun 1st, but no other detail. He thought he might be able to head down to watch from the fence on the odd oval based session.

Any ideas??
    There could some Sunshine Coast woofers
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Arden St's not far. Go and enjoy a vintage Higgo pre-season.
    Apparantley he is having his best pre-season yet.
    Head down before the season starts and its all too late.

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas??
    This is all that has been published

Queensland fans will get a chance to meet the Western Bulldogs playing group this Sunday, to mark the halfway point of the Club's nine-day pre-season training camp on the Sunshine Coast.
    Bulldogs members and supporters are invited to an open training session on Sunday 1 February at Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex, Fishermans Rd, Maroochydore.
    Training will commence from 9:30am, with autograph and photo opportunities to follow.
    Club mascot Woofer will also be there for younger fans to meet, with gates opening at 9:30am.
    - See more at: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne....rx99Z9tI.dpuf
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Down to business on the Sunshine Coast, skills session and some goal kicking for the boys.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas??
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Some training notes from Peter Gordon:

* Lachie Hunter. He is a seamless and self-assured mover in heavy traffic and a stand-out today. He, Mitch Wallis and Libba seem to know where each other are in match practice.

* Mitch Honeychurch. Christened 'the honey badger' by Gia, Mitch staked some serious claims for this year's midfield with a solid performance.

*Tom Boyd. Let me just try to describe this. At one point, three or four of our tallest guys all flew for a pack mark in a mess of big bodies and arms. As they fell away or down, the hands clenched firmly on the ball belonged to the last man standing .... Tom. The locker group boys and I were watching from behind the goals. No one said a word. Everyone just grinned. We allowed ourselves a little nodding of wizened heads. Tom put in a solid overall session.

*Daniel Pearce. Might surprise a few people this year, Daniel. No mistakes. Handled the ball with confidence.

*Josh Prudden. Great to see a competent and solid session after such an unlucky run with injuries.

*Liam Picken. Consistent quality of his contribution and his steady improvement in recent years is sometimes overlooked. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Caleb Daniel and Toby McLean. Remember that song from the eighties 'things that make you go hmmmmm'? Apparently written presciently about the prospects of these two.
    Read more here and here

12. Thanks Twodogs, soupman, Greystache thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones is absolutely, positively flying! Never been better, 110%, jargon, buzz-word etc!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-3...olutely-flying

Whole world's talking about the Jones boy

CARLTON captain Marc Murphy has joined the chorus of teammates singing the praises of recruit Liam Jones, with the star midfielder saying he's excited by the Blues' tall options in attack.

Despite losing Jarrad Waite to North Melbourne during the off-season, the Blues have deepened their key position stocks.

A productive off-season saw the arrivals of Jones (Western Bulldogs) and Kristian Jaksch (Greater Western Sydney), while important big man Matthew Kreuzer has finally shrugged off the foot issue that restricted him to just one game last season.

With Levi Casboult and Lachie Henderson already established, Murphy said the Blues suddenly have plenty of variety up forward.

"It's great in the midfield looking up and seeing some big, tall targets like that down there," Murphy told SEN from the club's pre-season camp at Mt Buller.

"It's been turned on its head, basically our whole list has been over the last 24 months – I reckon we've had about 20-odd guys come into the club.

"We had quite a small forward line up there that sides found hard to combat and now we've got some big talls down there. Our game-plan has changed quite a bit to suit that as well.

"It's really exciting going forward."

Jones and Kreuzer have drawn repeated praise from within the four walls at Visy Park this summer.

Jones, who booted 68 goals in 68 games for the Bulldogs, has changed his marking technique with help from coach Mick Malthouse and Murphy said the 197cm forward had dominated on the training track.

"He's absolutely flying, big Liam Jones. I know he's been pumped up a lot this pre-season by quite a few of the boys when they speak to the media, but he is a very powerful unit big Jonesy and he doesn't drop many marks," Murphy said.

"There's some boys down there – along with big Matty Kreuzer if he wants to slip down there as well – there's some big guys who have been training the house down as well."

Aside from sharpening their attack, the Blues are also trying to bolster their defence – which was the fifth-leakiest in the AFL last year.

"Defensively we weren't really good enough across the whole ground, so that's an area we've been focusing on over the whole pre-season," Murphy said.

There has been an air of positivity at Carlton this pre-season, with the Blues determined to improve on last season's 13th-placed finish.

"As Mick said in his presser the other day, we've got so many more blokes on the track compared to this time last year," Murphy said.

"We've got a lot of these young guys who are starting to put on weight and getting out on the track and training together and learning each others habits and the way we play well together.

"I think some of the young guys who have really started to press for spots is really encouraging – Patty Cripps and Nick Graham, guys who can come and play in midfield and make a name for themselves.

"But there's quite a few guys who are putting their hand up and want to be part of the senior side, which is great."

More By Travis King
    Follow @TravKing_AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Who

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Liam Who
    I think they said his surname was Moans.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Might be the conspiracy theorist in me, but when people are talking about Jones 2 months at Carlton the way they are & with the frequency they are, it sounds like they're convincing themselves more than others.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Liam Who
    Who's on first.