Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Jackson McRae trained and did well in most drills that I saw. His hair is quite a bit longer but the unmistakable left foot passes were very much still in evidence.

2. Thanks Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    That is good news indeed, because there is no way that he can be provided with "development" games in the VFL given all the facts about him, the way he has come to the club and our desperate need for a quality KPF.
    We have to play at least one tall and Boyd looks a better bet in 2015 that either Redpath or what Jones would have been.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The more you read about the training regimes at other clubs this pre-season, the more I get a little nervous about where we might fit next year in relation to fitness, speed and strength. It seems that a number of clubs have upped the ante on pre-season training, with Port, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Bombers and the Saints, all undertaking gruelling sessions to improve their overall positions next season. I haven't heard very much in the press on the level of training intensity at the Dogs and would be interested to understand how it has been going from those who have been attending any of the recent training sessions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by China Dog View Post
    The more you read about the training regimes at other clubs this pre-season, the more I get a little nervous about where we might fit next year in relation to fitness, speed and strength. It seems that a number of clubs have upped the ante on pre-season training, with Port, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Bombers and the Saints, all undertaking gruelling sessions to improve their overall positions next season. I haven't heard very much in the press on the level of training intensity at the Dogs and would be interested to understand how it has been going from those who have been attending any of the recent training sessions.
    I can assure that the training level is very intense. The players are doing much more in the way of "in game" type running with a big focus of performing drills under fatigue. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll hear how fit and strong we are. Maybe you haven't heard anything cause Shaun Higgins has left the club and the standard "training the house down" article hasn't been written.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

6. Likes N/A, bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the last few years we have been successful at putting some size on many of the younger players on the list and I would think that adding some size for the youngsters on the list probably comes at the expense of genuine running fitness. I think our training so far has focused on drills around fitness, skills and quick ball movement but we would no doubt be putting in the hard yards with the running and the weight work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I can assure that the training level is very intense. The players are doing much more in the way of "in game" type running with a big focus of performing drills under fatigue. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll hear how fit and strong we are. Maybe you haven't heard anything cause Shaun Higgins has left the club and the standard "training the house down" article hasn't been written.
    I have news for you. There was a recent article talking about how Higgins was in fact training the house down at the Kangaroos. Some things never change.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

9. Likes SlimPickens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can assure that the training level is very intense. The players are doing much more in the way of "in game" type running with a big focus of performing drills under fatigue. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll hear how fit and strong we are.
    That's good to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be worried too much we never really crack it in the press.

Id much rather our club get the job done rather than beating their own drum like Mick Malthouse trying to improve his image in and via the media. One things for sure Carlton is the new Richmond and gee that makes me happy.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also train too much, too early. But I like what SlimPickens is reporting. Seems that Bevo has gotten straight to the point of his role: reshaping the way we play and increasing decision making skills.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

When do the boys start for 2015?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    When do the boys start for 2015?

Monday I think.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Can't recall where, but I saw a pic of Nathan Hrovat looking very bulked up recently
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I read an article this morning that West Coast are working on the same theme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I read an article this morning that West Coast are working on the same theme.
    No, they will be performing drills under the influence.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    No, they will be performing drills under the influence.

Have been performing entire sessions under the influence in the past. Allegedly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

20. Likes F'scary liked this post