Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    yeah, but...................Stringer, Boyd, Carmeri, Libba, and the list goes on.
    This list needs more Bont.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    This list needs more Bont.
    true and done

yeah, but...................Stringer, Boyd, Carmeri, Libba, and the list goes on.

and BONTI
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They're just a bunch of kids having a kick and doing some simple drills and contesting work. Romero is quite a bit taller than his dad , Smith is pretty solid, Liberatore is small, West could be his dad at that age, Macpherson is a bit like his dad but has bigger features and Kellet looks pretty accomplished.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report today. Did Boydjnr get a kick? How was he moving?
    He was moving really well, got a kick or two. You can see the threat he poses straight away in the marking contests.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Were there still many first year players absent from training today F'scary.
    In addition to Daniel, I noted Bailey Dale & Roarke Smith. The others may well have been there but I just wasn't good enough to pick them out. However, Prudden, Fuller + 3 others who I didn't identify did not take part in the practice match session, they ran laps - one of them was the kid with the long blond hair.

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific and detailed report FS. Thanks for posting. How many did Boydy get?
    He got one and hit the near post from a tight angle with another. He is a lovely kick of the ball - straight and it goes for miles.

9. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Stringer sizzles in match-simulation training session

JAKE Stringer looks set to build on his breakout 2014 season after an eye-catching performance in the Western Bulldogs' match simulation session at Whitten Oval on Thursday.

The match practice hit-out took place towards the end of a solid two-and-a-half-hour session, and Stringer was prominent from the start.

The 20-year-old, who booted 28 goals from 18 games last year, used his pace and strength to run around and through would-be tacklers in the midfield, before moving forward to be just as dangerous.

"He is flying at the moment Jakey," midfielder Nathan Hrovat said.

"He's a very rare talent because he's quick, evasive and strong and he's going to be a handful down forward next to Tom (Boyd).

"Hopefully he hasn't shown too many tricks and he saves them for games, but he's going alright at the moment."

Stewart Crameri was another to impress in a similar role to Stringer, using his elite endurance to roam up and down the ground to find plenty of the footy.

Big money recruit Tom Boyd had an intriguing battle with Jordan Roughead and Michael Talia, while fellow tall forward Jack Redpath took several strong marks and appears to have improved his mobility.

Former Swan Shane Biggs looks like he'll be a great acquisition across half-back, with his run and ball use a standout in the windy conditions.

Pint-sized Caleb Daniel looked the most comfortable of the draftees, getting involved in several passages of play and winning plenty of plaudits from the coaching staff.

Hrovat, Dale Morris and Tom Campbell were part of a group who didn't take part due to management of their training loads.
    Hamlet got first go (first quarter) on Boyd Jnr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Stringer sizzles in match-simulation training session

JAKE Stringer looks set to build on his breakout 2014 season after an eye-catching performance in the Western Bulldogs' match simulation session at Whitten Oval on Thursday.

The match practice hit-out took place towards the end of a solid two-and-a-half-hour session, and Stringer was prominent from the start.

The 20-year-old, who booted 28 goals from 18 games last year, used his pace and strength to run around and through would-be tacklers in the midfield, before moving forward to be just as dangerous.

"He is flying at the moment Jakey," midfielder Nathan Hrovat said.

"He's a very rare talent because he's quick, evasive and strong and he's going to be a handful down forward next to Tom (Boyd).

"Hopefully he hasn't shown too many tricks and he saves them for games, but he's going alright at the moment."

Stewart Crameri was another to impress in a similar role to Stringer, using his elite endurance to roam up and down the ground to find plenty of the footy.

Big money recruit Tom Boyd had an intriguing battle with Jordan Roughead and Michael Talia, while fellow tall forward Jack Redpath took several strong marks and appears to have improved his mobility.

Former Swan Shane Biggs looks like he'll be a great acquisition across half-back, with his run and ball use a standout in the windy conditions.

Pint-sized Caleb Daniel looked the most comfortable of the draftees, getting involved in several passages of play and winning plenty of plaudits from the coaching staff.

Hrovat, Dale Morris and Tom Campbell were part of a group who didn't take part due to management of their training loads.
    Gave me a chill when l read that. l am sure String and Boyd will make a devasting forward line in the future!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    In addition to Daniel, I noted Bailey Dale & Roarke Smith. The others may well have been there but I just wasn't good enough to pick them out. However, Prudden, Fuller + 3 others who I didn't identify did not take part in the practice match session, they ran laps - one of them was the kid with the long blond hair.
    MacLean was training, looked noticeably tired a lot of the time in anything full ground. Webb was hard to pick in a hat, I noticed Hamilton when he came to the bench, he's pretty skinny. Fuller and Prudden definitely played part of the match simulation but I left at 10:30 so they may have begged out after that.
    As I said earlier, with the number of new faces, players wearing hats etc. it took me a while to pick out a lot of the players, but a few things I noticed were:

-Hamling didn't seem particularly skinny to me. Looked pretty strong, athletic and certainly looked closer to being a senior player than I expected. He was matched up on Tom Boyd and seemed to acquit himself well.
    -Redpath and Talia were having a pretty physical competition early on. A bit of push and shove. Redpath looked reasonable. Took one nice mark that I saw.
    -As mentioned by others Minson looks more svelte, moving pretty well, although Ayce did reasonably well against him in what were admittedly not full on ruck contests. Despite running laps during the match practice, thought Tom Campbell also looked to move a bit smoother.
    -I guess F'scary must have missed a couple of nice grabs by Ayce. I'm sure he would have been shouting about it from the rooftops otherwise
    -Bont appears to be very confident in himself. He noticeably held the ball and tried to take guys on in drills at times when he could have released earlier.
    -Caleb Daniel is definitely the most comfortable of the kids playing with the older guys. Despite his size he has the most mature body, very strong in the legs. Hit up Bont with a nice pass in the forward 50.
    -Was impressed with what I saw of Z. Cordy. Didn't play in the match simulation but looked good in an earlier end to end drill. Moves very well.
    -There was some pretty ordinary skill in the earlier end to end drill prior to the match simulation. Scrubbed kicks and lots of fumbling at times
    -I think Stringer and Macrae might turn out alright. They look to have a bit of talent
    -It took me ages to pick Honeychurch with a hat on, but he did some nice things. Neat user.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

13. Likes F'scary, N/A, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    MacLean was training, looked noticeably tired a lot of the time in anything full ground. Webb was hard to pick in a hat, I noticed Hamilton when he came to the bench, he's pretty skinny. Fuller and Prudden definitely played part of the match simulation but I left at 10:30 so they may have begged out after that.
    As I said earlier, with the number of new faces, players wearing hats etc. it took me a while to pick out a lot of the players, but a few things I noticed were:

-Hamling didn't seem particularly skinny to me. Looked pretty strong, athletic and certainly looked closer to being a senior player than I expected. He was matched up on Tom Boyd and seemed to acquit himself well.
    -Redpath and Talia were having a pretty physical competition early on. A bit of push and shove. Redpath looked reasonable. Took one nice mark that I saw.
    -As mentioned by others Minson looks more svelte, moving pretty well, although Ayce did reasonably well against him in what were admittedly not full on ruck contests. Despite running laps during the match practice, thought Tom Campbell also looked to move a bit smoother.
    -I guess F'scary must have missed a couple of nice grabs by Ayce. I'm sure he would have been shouting about it from the rooftops otherwise
    -Bont appears to be very confident in himself. He noticeably held the ball and tried to take guys on in drills at times when he could have released earlier.
    -Caleb Daniel is definitely the most comfortable of the kids playing with the older guys. Despite his size he has the most mature body, very strong in the legs. Hit up Bont with a nice pass in the forward 50.
    -Was impressed with what I saw of Z. Cordy. Didn't play in the match simulation but looked good in an earlier end to end drill. Moves very well.
    -There was some pretty ordinary skill in the earlier end to end drill prior to the match simulation. Scrubbed kicks and lots of fumbling at times
    -I think Stringer and Macrae might turn out alright. They look to have a bit of talent
    -It took me ages to pick Honeychurch with a hat on, but he did some nice things. Neat user.
    I did say the Ayce in the Pack went ok.

Post Thanks / Like

I like what I see of Caleb Daniel. He has settled really well. He looks pretty accomplished to me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports, much appreciated.

Flat out with work right now, hoping to go down to a session in early Feb to have a look though.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I like what I see of Caleb Daniel. He has settled really well. He looks pretty accomplished to me.
    Really hearing good things so far about him. Look forward to more positive training reports.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I did say the Ayce in the Pack went ok.
    Apologies, missed that
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Hey F'scary is this your blonde friend?

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff