Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Thats Darcy McPherson. He's been training with us all week. Apparently he has grown/is growing which is a relief as he was set to be another Hrovat size player if he didn't.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Thats Darcy McPherson. He's been training with us all week. Apparently he has grown/is growing which is a relief as he was set to be another Hrovat size player if he didn't.
    We might not draft him if he keeps growing

3. Likes jeemak, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all for the reports, most appreciated now that I cannot make it to training myself.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Hey F'scary is this your blonde friend?

Yes that is the young man.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

So is that Darcy McPherson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    These reports start to get me excited about 2015.
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...
    No expectations, just excited to watch the young guys go around again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I like what I see of Caleb Daniel. He has settled really well. He looks pretty accomplished to me.
    I watched a session a week or so back with Shnook and was very impressed. He has rather short arms but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Dubbed him TRex.

10. Likes Twodogs, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I watched a session a week or so back with Shnook and was very impressed. He has rather short arms but is built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Dubbed him TRex.

I'm not saying he's going to be a star in his first season or win the RS Award or anything. But I've not often seen a player sep up and look so comfortable with the tempo and rhythm of AFL footy (albeit training) after just a few sessions

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a fair bit of senior footy this season and find himself a regular and seasoned member of the team by season's end.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to Darcy McPherson? I didn't know we had him on our list??
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    Not on our list as such, however, the club has a Father/son programme where they invite the kids down and track them to see how they are travelling with the possibility of drafting them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post

Caleb Daniel.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No expectations, just excited to watch the young guys go around again.
    I don't have great hope for the season on a wins and losses basis, but I expect some real joy in watching some of the young guys really flourish.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Had a look at training this morning. Match drill after drill. The whole aim again appeared to be moving the ball quickly, taking the game on and making the right decisions.
    Liked the way they did some goal kicking drills and it was mainly on the run and them having to kick at the goals in close and on a very tight angle.

Darley was on the exercise bike for the whole session and Roberts was in the ELC and not on the ground.

Some quick notes on the new boys:

Daniel was given a lot of praise for his defensive acts. He reads the game very well.
    Smith has a nice kick but somewhat hesitant looking for better options.
    McLean got a bit of the ball and used it well.
    Dale did some nice things. Webb and Hamilton looked good as well.
    Kelly is a nice mover. I'm not sure if Zaine Cordy was on the ground. Just missed him being out there.
    Biggs 'Biggsy' was right in the middle of the drills and got plenty of it earning praise from the coaches and team mates.
    Hamling was quiet.

Bontempelli has added a lot of size and his kicking was a real feature.
    Stringer and Macrae also appeared to be making sure they used the ball well.
    Wallis was running hard down the wings to create an option out wide and was often a target.
    Talia was quite noticeable and surprisingly performed really well in the goal kicking drills.
    Hrovat, Wood, Jong and Dickson all caught the eye.

It seemed to be a fun session for the players and coaches finishing off with set shots on goals. The players that missed had to keep going until the got it right. There was a bit of light hearted pressure on the last 2 or 3 guys.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting reading all the training reports here, on the club's website and even on the perpetual let-us-go-thread-after-thread-slagging-eachother-off footy forum. I wonder if a few directions for 2015 can be posited at this still early stage:

Murphy into the midfield? Biggs taking over Murphy's half-back role? Redpath being groomed as CHF rather than a KPD contender? Roughead and Talia as preferred KPD's? Hamling and Roberts are the next KPB choices and could have to pinch hit as CHF's? Jong as a starting 22 player? Stringer will play mainly if not exclusively as a deep forward? Bontempelli is a lock for RR or centre (ie. inside midfield role taking over from the Grifter)? Crameri spending more time as a midfielder?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon