Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Just got re-trenched at work. On the positive side, I'm gonna get a lot of fishing and Doggies training sessions in.
    Sorry to hear it but sometimes something like being retrenched turns out to be the best thing to happen to you. It opens up heaps of opportunities.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got re-trenched at work. On the positive side, I'm gonna get a lot of fishing and Doggies training sessions in.
    That stinks . Know how you feel, as I reckon I spent 3 of the first five years of the 90's unemployed .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, it's all good, actually it presents a few opportunities to liven my career up a bit and take it in a new direction, with a decent payout hopefully too, as I gave eight years service.

And.

I get to heaps of preseason training too.

4. Likes Murphy'sLore, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, it's all good, actually it presents a few opportunities to liven my career up a bit and take it in a new direction, with a decent payout hopefully too, as I gave eight years service.

And.

Hope everything sorts itself out workwise and remember, there is always the footy.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Hope everything sorts itself out workwise and remember, there is always the footy.

Yeah. Thinking about all the success we've enjoyed brightens the darkest day up instantly.

7. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly the way to approach it. The skills most people learn at their jobs especially over a good period of time are genuinely highly transferable.

Looking forward to some reports.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

And.

Bulldogs are looking for a media person, not sure if that is your area?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice early xmas present that one is.

At least you will enjoy the warmer weather and get the chance to freshen up for a new job while watching the boys train.

Post Thanks / Like

Join the Bulldogs for Christmas Open Training Session

Robert Murphy of the Bulldogs in action during the Western Bulldogs training session at Whitten Oval, Melbourne on November 19, 2014. (Photo: Michael Willson/AFL Media)

To celebrate the festive season with the Bulldogs family, the Western Bulldogs will be holding an open training on Saturday 13 December, 2014 at Victoria University Whitten Oval commencing at 8:30am.

Come and see the new draftees get put their paces, and wish your favourite player a Merry Christmas.
    - Players will be available for autographs after training
    - Get your photo with Santa and meet Woofer
    - Gifts for all the little Bulldogs fans
    - Purchase the new BLK merchandise
    - Buy your 2015 Membership

Date: Saturday 13th December 2014
    Time:
    8:30am – 10:00am
    Location: Victoria University Whitten Oval, 417 Barkly St, West Footscray
    *Not all players are guaranteed to be in attendance
    *Parking is limited. We recommend using public transport if possible, as Whitten Oval is only a short stroll from West Footscray train station.

westernbulldogs.com.au
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the final Inside the Kennel event at WO this evening where all 9 draft picks were presented and invited to speak on various topics by MC Kevin Hillier. Before the draftees were presented however, Kevin spoke to Simon D about his thoughts/strategy around this year's draft. SD was quite comfortable sharing with Kevin the rationale for the picks ie best available, and made reference to Jayden Foster as simply not being in this category within the 5 picks we had to pick 46. He gave a bit of background around the thinking that had gone into considering Jayden including him being an over age player, how he scored his goals, his capacity to keep the ball in the fwd line and his ability to be more than a single position option. SD mentioned they would have considered him for the Rookie draft if he was still available.

The interview with the 9 players was terrific covering various topics like who they supported growing up, what their junior career looked like, what studies they were pursuing, what was draft night like for them.

I think we have a couple of characters especially Hamling and Zaine Cordy who has been tagged with the nickname Jagger by Hamling/Biggs as he has some fancy moves that interest the ladies.

It was interesting to see the camaraderie already between Cordy, Hamling and Biggs who seemed to enjoy having some friendly banter amongst themselves.

Big Tom advised he has been nicknamed Junior by Matty Boyd, while his nickname for Matty is Pops.

When asked who he barracked for growing up, Caleb Daniel said he supported no team - he was too focussed on simply playing football.

All in all a great night that allowed the attending supporters some further insights into these kids.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Smads, great report.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple of things noticed by Pre-season observers over on BF.

-Drills have had an emphasis on quick ball movement and matchday type running
    -Mostly match simulation type drills
    -Wood has been training as a forward target
    -Lot of work on footskills including under pressure
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Thanks Cyberdoggie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

Interesting that quite a few of the training watches are really bullish on Caleb. I'd be stunned if Mclean doesn't make it so that could be another two players added to the best 22 in years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

The club is very bullish on Cordy too so that should be at least three.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

The drills involve a few games. One is a handball type game, one side handballing and the other defending. If the ball hits the ground it's a turnover and the defending side take the ball. There is a target at each end off a pitch that the teams are aiming to hit. The mids seem to play that game a lot. All the emphasis is on running forward of the contest and creating options.

The defenders play endless games of futball.