Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labor promise Western Bulldogs will play two games in Ballarat every season

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    as long as we still play 10 home games at Eithad.
    I guess they would look at replacement games like Hawthorn does.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Maddog37 would be very happy
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Takes me an hour and a bit to get to Ballarat from Coburg. Takes me an hour to get through the CBD and find a park near Etihad... Ballarat sounds good.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Our jumper is the best in the comp. why mess with it? I understand that the club will want to tie itself to Ballarat and may see an opportunity for some symbolism, but our guernsey is a cracker.

Ballarat will be a tough nut to crack. It is a footy town with died in the wool fans of all Vic clubs. It'll take years of being there to get many of them to develop a little soft spot - let alone convert... And gimmicks won't do it.

Nonetheless, I fully expect some tacky Southern Cross Flag type thing...

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could look at it as just another alternate strip of ours. How do you compare it to the pinkish red strip we wear very occasionally.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I guess you could look at it as just another alternate strip of ours. How do you compare it to the pinkish red strip we wear very occasionally.
    That is just a training strip, Gordon said:
    a preparedness to do things like configure a guernsey - that gives real meaning and ownership to Ballarat for the Ballarat constituency.
    Which means they are still working on it, but need to wait to see if Labor wins, or Libs agree to fund as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Anything is better than wearing red.
    The curse is dead.

11. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ballarat can sometimes feel like the coldest place on earth, especially if the winds a blowin'. I don't know what it's going to do for our football skills......

Post Thanks / Like

Exciting proposition.

I'd be OK with up to 3 home games a season being played in Ballarat, so long as we no longer sold home games interstate. The drive from home is about 1.15hrs and catching the train is a reasonable option as well. It's more appealing to me than Geelong as an option as it is carving out an extra slice in the marketplace and further embedding us as a Club in the west and in Victoria. Early days for my thoughts but it feels like a logical step and one I'm not too concerned about.

Getting to experience footy at a packed, parochial house again will add value to the feeling of association you get by being a member as well. Those smaller environments bring the fans closer together and create that collectivist understanding of what being a Member is. We'd really find it an enjoyable experience I think. Turning cavernous, corporate, isolating experiences at Etihad into community, tribal and eventful experiences out in Ballarat.

14. Likes N/A, The bulldog tragician, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a no brainer for me.
    We need to find ways to generate extra revenue to compete
    Etihad's killing us , and areas around Ballarat will be attracted to the games.

Post Thanks / Like

The only issue I have with it is the train service. It's a train and bus to get there if you don't want to drive.

The games need to be played early in the season not the middle of winter
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The only issue I have with it is the train service. It's a train and bus to get there if you don't want to drive.

Thinking the same.

Post Thanks / Like

C'Mon. We're Bulldog fans, surely you spent time at WO in traditional football weather. Toughen up.

I do hope the same........

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind this one. What I don't want to see is the full Eureka flag, because although it has a deep history in Ballarat, it's associated everywhere else with the union movement, and I don't like me politics on me guernsey.

Turning a hoop into part of the flag, that's nice, I like it.

Well, my partner and I have been discussing a move to Ballarat in the New Year, and subsequently umming and ahhing over home versus home and away memberships for the family. So we'll be rapt. I know another 15 Bulldogs supporters in Ballarat, and that's just the guys I know. This could be very promising for us, it could be our Tasmania, and without selling our soul — we are, after all, the Western Bulldogs now, not just the Footscray Bulldogs.

In regards to train services, well, if we move out there give us a bell and I'll come pick you up.