Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labor promise Western Bulldogs will play two games in Ballarat every season

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    The cold factor wouldn't be much different from Launceston in the depths of winter, surely? (Brrrrr...)

I'm in favour of this idea, and with growing populations in Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury and Gisborne, it's a real chance to tap into new markets and those with young families.
    Launceston can be bitterly cold in every season!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Launceston can be bitterly cold in every season!
    Went there for our match against the Saints about 10 years ago and it rained the whole day. That time there was no shelter, or very little and got soaked watching us kick 3 goals for the day. Home on the plane with the players, with Rhode not talking to a sole and sitting on his own.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    The cold factor wouldn't be much different from Launceston in the depths of winter, surely? (Brrrrr...)

I'm in favour of this idea, and with growing populations in Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Sunbury and Gisborne, it's a real chance to tap into new markets and those with young families.

Etihad is closer to all of these areas than Ballarat. North Ballarat's ground is in a windswept industrial area.

I'd prefer it if they developed to Eastern Oval..

I head to Bendigo several times a year to watch Gisborne play.... I'd think the the Queen Elizabeth Oval is one of my favorite places to watch footy. It would be a fantastic venue for a GWS / Gold Coast game.

Post Thanks / Like

All Dogs fans outside the west who want to travel to Ballarat by train.

0 km Southern Cross Zone 1

Seymour / Shepparton / Albury-Wodonga lines

4.9 km Footscray Zone 1

Geelong / Warrnambool line services

12.3 km Sunshine Zone 1/2

Bendigo / Swan Hill / Echuca lines

13.8 km Ardeer Zone 2

19.6 km Deer Park Zone 2

Geelong / Warrnambool lines

21.2 km Caroline Springs (to open 2016) Zone 2

31 km Rockbank Zone 2

41.3 km Melton Zone 2

47.03 km Parwan (Closed)

52.86 km Bacchus Marsh Zone 2

82.47 km Ballan Zone 4

91.20 km Gordon (Closed)

121.80 km Ballarat Zone 8

Maryborough line

123.13 km Wendouree Zone 8

Ararat line
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Went there for our match against the Saints about 10 years ago and it rained the whole day. That time there was no shelter, or very little and got soaked watching us kick 3 goals for the day. Home on the plane with the players, with Rhode not talking to a sole and sitting on his own.
    I remember being in our way to Mt Hotham that day and being stuck in Bright for the Night because the road up the mountain was closed due to the conditions.

There's a fair chance I was in a warmer spot than you that night.

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Etihad is closer to all of these areas than Ballarat. North Ballarat's ground is in a windswept industrial area.

I'd prefer it if they developed to Eastern Oval..

I head to Bendigo several times a year to watch Gisborne play.... I'd think the the Queen Elizabeth Oval is one of my favorite places to watch footy. It would be a fantastic venue for a GWS / Gold Coast game.
    There's already the makings of a good facility at North Ballarat, with the social venue already established, not to mention the fact that it is already a regular VFL venue.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the day at Sunshine hospital waiting for a Orthopedic/Pediatric surgeon to come and extract a sewing needle from my 3 yo daughter's thumb. I rang my mum (she's a seamstress) while we were waiting and she said "I do that all the time, just get some plyers and pull it out" I reminded her that Lucy was only 3 yo and went back to waiting and trying to stop Lucy from maiming other kids with the needle sticking out of her thumb. After nearly 8 hours the Orthopedic surgeon turned up, took a look and said "somebody pass me the plyers"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I worked in the trans-bass transport industry for a good five years, and can tell you there's not a lot of smiles and sunshine in Launceston. I travelled there a lot.

My worst trip there involved getting drenched disembarking the plane, followed by getting drenched getting to my hire car, getting a coffee on the way to our depot saw me drenched again. Once I dried off and the sky was clear it was time to visit a client, and as everything in Launceston is only ten or so minutes away I thought I was safe, but between the road and my client's office I got drenched again.

On the way back, I got drenched coming from the office of my client to my car. I stayed in my car after that. Five drenching's in the space of three hours was enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I worked in the trans-bass transport industry for a good five years, and can tell you there's not a lot of smiles and sunshine in Launceston. I travelled there a lot.

My worst trip there involved getting drenched disembarking the plane, followed by getting drenched getting to my hire car, getting a coffee on the way to our depot saw me drenched again. Once I dried off and the sky was clear it was time to visit a client, and as everything in Launceston is only ten or so minutes away I thought I was safe, but between the road and my client's office I got drenched again.

On the way back, I got drenched coming from the office of my client to my car. I stayed in my car after that. Five drenching's in the space of three hours was enough.

That's pretty much Ballarat without the airport though. I like Ballarat-one of my oldest mates lives there-but, man, can it rain there!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's pretty much Ballarat without the airport though. I like Ballarat-one of my oldest mates lives there-but, man, can it rain there!
    Not just the rain, it's usually 2 degrees and that is summer

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Game On.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Game On.
    Literally...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Game On.
    Nothing more binding than a campaign promise
    I'll believe it when it's in the fixture
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Nothing more binding than a campaign promise
    I'll believe it when it's in the fixture
    and politicians always keep their promises.

Post Thanks / Like

A windswept North Ballarat stadium in the middle of Winter will not see me making the trip.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great result for us. Contrast with 3 games in Tassie like North have got.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post