Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  121
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel, Mr Beveridge

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The first post BAD put up said he was ‘asked about clubs coming for Bevo’. So that he might be poached by Carlton, St.Kilda, North, whoever.
    Pretty sure PG would enforce Bevo's contract to prohibit any move. Seems like a weird thing to be putting into the media space by The Hun/Robbo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

In the Age yesterday it speculated that St Kilda would inquire about Bevo should Richardson get the chop.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a rumour going around that the Saints are interested.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The rumour started with Leigh Montagna saying on radio they should look to poach Beveridge due to the family link with St.Kilda.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We did poach Bevo from them to begin with so maybe they want payback

Post Thanks / Like

You’d like to think a bloke so focussed on relationships has built a solid foundation at the dogs; he has the love of the players and people around the club.

Gordon has always had his back, which seems it would mean a lot to Bevo.

Hot air from Montagna, like to think beveridge is as loyal as they come. He certainly demands it from his players.

7. Likes Testekill, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to be the envy of other clubs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any St Kilda links should get you nervous as I bet he still has a soft spot for them having grown up adoring them and Trevor Barker.

I haven't really wanted to look at re-signing him until the last few weeks though. Suspect he'll want to see this group led by Naughton & Marcus through to some better times.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Any St Kilda links should get you nervous as I bet he still has a soft spot for them having grown up adoring them and Trevor Barker.

I haven't really wanted to look at re-signing him until the last few weeks though. Suspect he'll want to see this group led by Naughton & Marcus through to some better times.
    also hisDad has worked there in recruiting for something like 40 years
    Last edited by bornadog; 11-07-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    also hisDad has worked their in recruiting for something like 40 years
    Bevo’s Grandfather also played in 4 successive Premierships with Collingwood in the 1920/ 30’s plus his playing career included St Kila WB and Melbourne. Luke Darcy was a major influence in his move from St Kilda to Coach us in 2015. Darcy had been approached by PG to be a panel member of the selection committee and indicated that he would be happy to do so providing Bevo was to be one of the candidates. Given the relative strength of our playing group compared to St Kilda it is hard to imagine him wanting to leave our Club given the prospect of playing in another finals campaign

13. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Bevo's presser he pretty much dismissed all the rumours. Whilst saying the coaching landscape with contracts has changed, he loves being at the club, wants to stay with this group of players, has another year to run and has had initial preliminary discussions with the club already about extending. But as he has 18 months on his contract, there's just not a rush in the process.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks whythelongface, josie, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 year extension. Quite a bit of faith shown that he has us on the right track but glad to not lose him.

Watching the video it sounds like they decided to do it earlier than planned to avoid speculation he’d be leaving with all the vacant coaching positions

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 year extension. Quite a bit of faith shown that he has us on the right track but glad to not lose him.

Watching the video it sounds like they decided to do it earlier than planned to avoid speculation he’d be leaving with all the vacant coaching positions
    I would've preferred to wait until the off season with him already having a year to run, as I've said previously. But with three vacant head coach positions already, I agree they needed to bring it forward. Now the issue turns to the assistant coaches.

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good decision, IMO.

We have a finals run to focus on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I would've preferred to wait until the off season with him already having a year to run, as I've said previously. But with three vacant head coach positions already, I agree they needed to bring it forward. Now the issue turns to the assistant coaches.
    I’m pretty happy with timing. Based on the last few weeks I think we’ve seen we want him past next year as the plan is starting to come together and he’s clearly building the same level of relationships with the new boys he was famous for in 2016.

Good to avoid any speculation too which can be a distraction.