Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  121
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel, Mr Beveridge

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

Rocky would be a great nickname.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the kennel coach!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks bornadog, Murphy'sLore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Me too. Lead us out of the wilderness Luke (no pressure)

winner post!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He looks like a legit 'ard bastard. I like it.

I hope he does well. I'm not concerned about him being untried at the top level. Diamonds have to come from the rough, maybe we have the next Clarkson?

Anyway, I'm glad it's done and our club can focus on being a club again.
    Bump and EFA
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Bump and EFA
    Wow. Not often I'm right. Thanks Stache.

"Diamonds have to come from the rough" - what a wanker!
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo Playing days here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks choconmientay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading this article.

Western Bulldogs coach-to-be Luke Beveridge is a man who punches well above his weight

MARK Robinson went searching for the man considered most likely to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs and found a man who punches well above his weight.

THE TEAMMATE — David Schwarz

IT IS folklore, and Luke Beveridge was just 22 at the time, but David Schwarz says a punch-up with Essendon players on an end-of-season in Cairns in 1992 is a lasting memory for Melbourne teammates.

Schwarz and Beveridge had played under-19s, reserves and seniors at the Demons, and although Beveridge would leave at the end of ‘92 for Footscray, Schwarz said he went out with a bang.

The brawl began at a bar and spilled outside and it wasn’t a simple push and shove.

Plastic chairs were being thrown as well as drunken fists and Beveridge was front and square against the likes of Mark Harvey and Dean Wallis.

At just 173cm and 79kg, Beveridge was out of his weight division.

Read more

at http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...1a1a2da23e1837

13. Thanks bornadog, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, Max469, choconmientay, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I loved reading this article.

[/url]
    A great read especially all the comments from the HS readers, some people with a big case of egg on their faces there.

Post Thanks / Like

This article from TheRoar post GF about Bevo has not been posted on WOOF.

LINK - Beveridge’s brilliance the big thing behind Bulldogs’ success

The best moment of the 2016 Grand Final came after the final siren.

When Luke Beveridge handed his Jock McHale Medal to injured captain Robert Murphy, it was iconic. If you somehow weren’t crying prior to that, it was the exact moment your eyes started watering up.

It was symbolic of what makes Beveridge, the Coach of the Year winner for two consecutive seasons, so special. His colossal love for his players and humility trumps any of the game plans, as impressive as they are, that he can draw up.

“The fact our group stay calm under enormous pressure, but they play with flair and freedom. Today was amazing,” Beveridge said postgame.

The reason the Bulldogs play with those qualities is Beveridge.

As beautiful and moving as it was to see him give his medal to Murphy, this one belongs to Beveridge. He won’t admit it because it isn’t in his nature, but Luke, it’s ok – you can indulge in this victory.

All premierships are momentous. Some hold something a little bit more special, though, an intangible that can’t be measured. The narrative of the Bulldogs’ flag is the stuff of dreams – breaking a 62-year premiership drought against the most insurmountable of odds. Even beyond that, though, there is something extra about this victory and it stems from Beveridge.

Watching Beveridge cry in media conferences after the devastating news of another one of his soldiers being lost to injury represents an affection that isn’t seen anywhere else. It’s that emotion that makes the Bulldogs everyone’s second team. It shows this is more than a job to Beveridge – it’s what makes his world go ‘round.

Beveridge walked into the worst situation a coach could ask for two years ago. Turmoil in the boardroom, a departed captain, a list seemingly void of A-grade talent and a new, unproven and highly scrutinised million-dollar man in uniform.

It was a rebuild that was meant to take years, probably even a rebuild that would outlast Beveridge’s stint in the main chair. That’s how most rebuilds go, with clubs like Melbourne and Brisbane evidence of that. Inheriting a team that finished 14th the season before with a measly seven wins – patience was a necessity when talking about Beveridge’s job.

However, a stellar finals run in 2015 was just a sneak peak at the magic that unfolded this season, culminating in the most spectacular of grand final victories.

Beveridge is the man of the hour. His uncanny ability to get his boys to believe and play with a special sense of energy, determination, fight, hunger and ferocity speaks of a coach that the players respect beyond the Xs and Os.

It is an attribute that turns Tom Boyd and Zaine Cordy, suspended for a physical altercation mid-season, into premiership heroes. A belief that drives his players to continue to play hard, despite an unfair injury list. A coaching masterstroke that gets the best out of fringe players Liam Picken and Clay Smith, and that elevates the likes of Lachie Hunter and Easton Wood to new levels.

It would have been easy for Beveridge to mail it in and reject the Bulldogs’ offer two years ago. Why would anyone want to take on such a daunting challenge, when greener pastures presented at 17 other clubs?

That isn’t who Beveridge is, though. He is a dreamer, like the thousands of Dogs fans who dared to do such a thing after 1954. And now Beveridge has turned those dreams into reality, one that drowns out the memories of previous heartache.

Enjoy it, Bevo. You deserve it more than most.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

16. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    A great read especially all the comments from the HS readers, some people with a big case of egg on their faces there.

I just couldn't resist adding one:

image.jpg

Oh for the love of Mike. If I click on it it shows the image in full.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Two years ago today that the messiah was appointed as our head coach. Happy anniversary Luke hope you have enjoyed your time at our club May there be many many more years to come. You have already gone done in bulldog folklore as a legend.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Two years ago today that the messiah was appointed as our head coach. Happy anniversary Luke hope you have enjoyed your time at our club May there be many many more years to come. You have already gone done in bulldog folklore as a legend.
    Nice. The best thing to have happened to the club in the last 60 years.

21. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Id love to be in his HR Department performance review.

HR Manager: So you've been here two years now Luke. You've taken a low team to a two thirds win ratio. You've seen increased membership and TV and sponsorship interest. You've been in finals both years and won the premiership this year. In your moment of glory, you gave your medal to Bob. You've seen our style get a lot of Friday night games next year, our first blockbuster game and our revenue increase. So, Luke, would you rate your performance? Very bad, bad, OK, good or very good? What are your weaknesses and how will you improve your organisational output going ahead?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What has he done for us lately?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

24. Likes Danny the snakeman liked this post