Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Memo to Mr Beveridge: urgent review required:

Thought I would get this started so that fellow woofers can vent on what needs changing or a second look now that we have a coach.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Memo to Mr Beveridge: urgent review required:

Let me be the first.

Memo to Bevo - urgent review required: why are we promising redrafting some of our rookies and delisted players when there are possibilities around like this chap?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-1...a-draft-chance

Surely, if they are not up to it after 3 years in the system, it is time to look at some others?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Move Roughy forward and 2nd ruck. Move Redpath back. Get Grant back to his top level. Win us a bloody premiership.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Let me be the first.

Memo to Bevo - urgent review required: why are we promising redrafting some of our rookies and delisted players when there are possibilities around like this chap?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-1...a-draft-chance

Surely, if they are not up to it after 3 years in the system, it is time to look at some others?
    Agree F'scray!
    They've had 3 years to show the coaching staff something.Give some other draft hopeful a chance to live their dream.

Post Thanks / Like

Have an urgent review of the assistant coaches, clean em out.

Watch your back as some already have a history.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

There are these things that I would like to pass to the coach.

1. Jarrad Grant.
    He can be a very good player but injuries have severely cut his form.
    He seems to be reserved and needs to open up more. He needs a session of confidence building with his teammates, I suggest that he needs to receive encouragement.
    If he continues to receive injuries throughout 2015 then delist him at the end of that year.

5. Matthew Boyd
    He can pick out and kick directly to a lone opposition player in a pack of bulldogs. Seems as though his brain is wired to kick to the opposition. Get his brain rewired by specially training his kicking leg and brain to see the same things. Sort of like a good pianist doesn't have to tell which fingers to hit each note on a piano, they just hit those notes without the pianist thinking about it.

Otherwise make Matthew Boyd captain of the VFL side. It would be good for the AFL side and the club if the VFL side wins.

3. Koby Stevens starred last year in the NAB Cup then was meh for the rest of the year. If he does that again sack him at the end of 2015.

4. Pearce - there is talk that he will be rookied. He never showed anything special that would put him into a premiership side. If you can stop him being rookied, do so as it is a waste of a pick.

5. Greenwood - showed a lot of improvement last year but still not good enough. Do not re-rookie.

6. Goodes - if you are going to make Matthew Boyd captain of the VFL then do not rookie Goodes. Otherwise, rookie Goodes as he will be able to win games for the VFL, and that is important.

7. Fuller - he seems to lack talent but has been struck with injuries. Do a good assessment of this player and delist if possible.

8. Dickson - takes several weeks to hit his straps then gets injured. Delist at end of 2015.

9. Most of the rest of the team are champions or extremely good players. Let them play to their strengths and shore up their weaknesses. Build a system around them. Make Murphy or Morris the captain.

10. For the upcoming draft select mobile talls, key position players (if there are any left), then go for speed and skilled midfielders.

11. Involve yourself heavily with the upcoming draft selections and selections for the VFL side.

12. You are going to win us a premiership. Sooner than we all think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Agree F'scray!
    They've had 3 years to show the coaching staff something.Give some other draft hopeful a chance to live their dream.
    If they are re-rookied doesn't that mean that they have shown the coaching staff something?

Perhaps you meant to say ' show the fans something'.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

9. Likes Bulldog Joe, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like him to address the defensive structure. That's an area now that more of a concern to me.

Addressing our delivery of the footy into our forward 50 need to get better

Improving skill level
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    If they are re-rookied doesn't that mean that they have shown the coaching staff something?

Perhaps you meant to say ' show the fans something'.
    Yes sorry BID - meant the fans

Post Thanks / Like

To much stagnent moving of the footy especially out of defence.Agree some of this was due to a lack of moving foward targets pushing up the ground but maybe we can get back to a bit of a mozzie fleet foward line with pace.
    Play on at all costs and let's be a bit more daring and don't be afraid to take the game on and take some chances.

Post Thanks / Like

Question for you Before I Die

The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Doctor Who reference?

Post Thanks / Like

Will our skill level get better. What is the best Luke can do to address this important issue.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Luke, Be good with the supporters, spend time and nod along, but don't listen to them.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

16. Likes Twodogs, always right, Happy Days, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Back the kids. Don't drop them after one bad game.
    2. Don't let Boyd (Tom) leave the goal square.
    3. What do you recommend to quench a thirst?

Post Thanks / Like

Ensure that you make Bob captain as the first point of call. The younglings need a leader to approach and he is very approachable. He should be made Captain today.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.