Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's the best-paid Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Can completely understand mate. Last time I got ahead of myself was at half time of the 97 Prelim finals. It still burns 17 years later!
    Your not on your own there Chef, mind you I have been precautious about getting ahead with the Dogs since '85.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I complacent, I'm just going with the flow. I'll get excited when all the cogs are in motion and we are moving forward.

By the way I believe we will be knocking on the eight next year if all the key components stay healthy. All the young core from a couple of seasons ago are at that 50 game or more mark. We have cut a lot of players that were handy but not pushing us forward and with a new coach things tend to happen.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Is anyone here saying thst?
    Plenty on here and the football world have been talking about our shoddy key forward recruiting.
    Been a cavalcade of failure

Post Thanks / Like

Chef, Greenwood & Membrey aren't going to fill the hole Jones left at FF. If Boyd wasn't worth it, what's the alternative?
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

WE DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT from every other baron non premiership preseason year ( 60 BLOODY YEARS !!! PEOPLE) and decided enough was enough.Applaud the footy staff for having the internal fortitude to go after T-BOYD and say to the rest of the footy community that we've had enough of going through the same meek preseaon after preseason.This time WE THE WESTERN BULLDOGS will changethe landscape be the unapolagetic aggressors and attempt to give our long suffering club ,members and supporters the ultimate in PREMIERSHIP GLORY!!!!

7. Likes ratsmac, Bulldog Joe, N/A, Maddog37, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I guess I just worry about what happens if he doesn't come on as expected or ends up another Gumbleton.
    So what's the worst that can happen?
    We go through another 5 to 10 years without holding the cup aloft?
    At least we can say we tried something different from the previous 60 years of failure to try to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Chef, Greenwood & Membrey aren't going to fill the hole Jones left at FF. If Boyd wasn't worth it, what's the alternative?
    I've never said I didn't want Boyd.

I explained this and what annoyed me about the trade a couple of times already in this thread.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

And if we win Premierships down the track by bringing in the best power forward from last years draft, who cares!

11. Likes Twodogs, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paying 1 million for one unproven palyer is not going to win us the premiership. If Buddy came to us it obviously wouldn't help us win the premiership as it didn't with the Swans and he is a proven player and the Swans are loaded with talent. One player is not nearly enough. Instead you need a good culture for a start which we obviously don't have. The resignation of Griffen, allowing Macca to go and many senior players leaving shows there is something deeply rotten at the core of this club. I have no idea exactly what it is but there is something strange about what's happening with the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PedroArvy View Post
    Paying 1 million for one unproven palyer is not going to win us the premiership. If Buddy came to us it obviously wouldn't help us win the premiership as it didn't with the Swans and he is a proven player and the Swans are loaded with talent. One player is not nearly enough. Instead you need a good culture for a start which we obviously don't have. The resignation of Griffen, allowing Macca to go and many senior players leaving shows there is something deeply rotten at the core of this club. I have no idea exactly what it is but there is something strange about what's happening with the Dogs.
    It's obvious we don't have it, yet you don't know what it is?

What should we do Pedro? How can we get a good culture?

Post Thanks / Like

Pedro fair enough you make a comment and respect your right to do but you say that there is something deeply rotten at the club but you have no idea exactly what it is. You make your assumption based on the Griffen and some senior players leaving and Macca resigning - can you let us know what you think is deeply rotten at the core of this club then? Is it the administration? or the President? or the assistants? or the general culture? or the senior players that are left? or is it the younger guys?

If there is something deeply rotten at the core of the club how did we attract the no. 1 draft to the club for 7 years? Yes money plays a part but surely is not the sole attraction. There must have been other selling points such as a list that is potentially premiership material; a core group of players; maybe a strong culture amongst those players remaining.

Post Thanks / Like

The resignation of Griffen, allowing Macca to go and many senior players leaving shows there is something deeply rotten at the core of this club. I have no idea exactly what it is but there is something strange about what's happening with the Dogs.
    Claim really, passing itself off as fact.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 19-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

What does it say about the " leadership" and not to mention character when you inform someone of the standing of Chris Grant that everything is okay and 2 days later you leave?
    Would have thought maybe the " bad culture" was shown the door, but like yourself I'd be making assumptions with no base.

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd if he lives up to the promise not only sells hope, but he will also help our clubs merchandise, interest and all that comes with it.
    Lance Franklin is in his first year, so it's just a little premature to draw any form of conclusion on his Swans career premiership wise.
    ( Apparently he ruined their culture at the start of the year)

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd is not going to get us a premiership. But it's one piece of the puzzle.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus