Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  205
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Toby McLean

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    What a great game from McLean. The act from Buckley that caused his injury should be reportable and stamped out of the game. Completely vindictive and unnecessary. Gonna cause Toby a lot of pain and rehab for the next month or so. A complete $#@% of a thing to do.
    I thought so, that wasn't a legitimate attempt to spoil from my view - haven't seen the replay yet. Looked like he just clattered into him and effectively tackled him rather than spoiling with a fist. Not sure why Carlton ended up with the ball?

Post Thanks / Like

He was great last night, it's disappointing he's injured, because he has improved game after game and you could sense he was really starting to believe he belonged at the level. Hopefully there is some good news and he gets through his rehab OK, as well as maintain his confidence to continue to attack the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm as upset as anyone that McLean looks like being out for an extended period, but Buckley's action reportable? Turn it up.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm as upset as anyone that McLean looks like being out for an extended period, but Buckley's action reportable? Turn it up.
    It isn't reportable. But it's unnecessary and vindictive. Causing long term pain and rehabilitation to another player.

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't reportable. But it's unnecessary and vindictive. Causing long term pain and rehabilitation to another player.
    I would fully expect a Dogs player to make the opposition earn it, just as McLean was made to earn that mark. Was unfortunate that he landed on his shoulder but IMO Buckley did absolutely nothing wrong at all.

7. Likes azabob, chef, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would fully expect a Dogs player to make the opposition earn it, just as McLean was made to earn that mark. Was unfortunate that he landed on his shoulder but IMO Buckley did absolutely nothing wrong at all.
    I'm keen to see a replay, agree with your sentiment but at the time I had a strong reaction to it as it appeared to be a shit effort on Buckley's behalf. Could have been just RW&B lenses in my glasses though. I still haven't figured out how Carlton ended up with the ball? Did it go out on the full?

Post Thanks / Like

Not reportable, but it should have been fifty imo.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

To me near ground level, it looked like he purposely 'dropped a frontal forearm' into McLean using his body weight. Much like a WWE move, but for real.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great game from McLean. The act from Buckley that caused his injury should be reportable and stamped out of the game. Completely vindictive and unnecessary. Gonna cause Toby a lot of pain and rehab for the next month or so. A complete $#@% of a thing to do.
    Not just for the next month. Once a shoulder pops it can pop out again anytime. A real shame for the kid. He will either be in great pain or in lala land from the pain relief right now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I'm keen to see a replay, agree with your sentiment but at the time I had a strong reaction to it as it appeared to be a shit effort on Buckley's behalf. Could have been just RW&B lenses in my glasses though. I still haven't figured out how Carlton ended up with the ball? Did it go out on the full?
    I couldn't work out how they got the ball either?

Post Thanks / Like

Thought the same.
    Pretty average, but I guess in the current tribunal climate Toby will get a fine for diving

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I couldn't work out how they got the ball either?
    Whoever took the kick for McLean, kicked it on the full.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love watching Toby playing and hoping the injury is not as serious as Bevo thinks it is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was JJ.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Thank you. It had me baffled, I must have missed the kick when yelling obscenities furiously at the umpires.