Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  27
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Lukas Webb

Whether he was HBF, or a mid, Webb was just not up to AFL level.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Whether he was HBF, or a mid, Webb was just not up to AFL level.
    I'm not sure how you can say that is the case with conviction because his first year as a HBF was quite impressive. He never adjusted to life as a forward or mid though
    His lack of pace I think caught him out a bit
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say that is the case with conviction because his first year as a HBF was quite impressive. He never adjusted to life as a forward or mid though
    Would agree with this assessment.

I suspect his lack of pace was the main reason we tried to make a player who could win the ball at the source.

Players lacking any pace become defensive liabilities in the modern game. They need to be exceptional in other areas to compensate.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Because unlike others I don't rate his work at HBF. He was an average player in that role who did a couple of nice things in two games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not on the list so BAD's assessment is currently spot on but I'm with you and think if he gets another chance that given a role to play Webb could still be a decent AFL footballer.

I'm not saying that they are 100 % exactly alike but for mine Webb always had a touch of the Lindsay Gilbee's about him. Gilbee was on the list without a lot to show for his first couple of years too. He didn't really have a defined role, didn't really seem to be developing as a midfielder and was ready to head to Richmond (I think) until Rocket arrived and asked him to give it one more year and the rest is history.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes josie liked this post