Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  48
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Bailey Dale

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Out of nowhere Dale has provided us with another option up forward. Strong overhead, reasonably quick off the mark and some footy smarts makes him a dangerous foil for Naughton, allowing Naughton to play higher up the ground.

Over the last four weeks he has been relatively consistent (slight drop off against the Lions) but with returns of 5,4, 1 & 3 he is becoming an integral part of our forward structure. Seems to be an accurate kick as well (though he missed two getable ones last night).

I am pleased that he has come back into the team and found a role he can play. There was huge doubt about him particularly mid this year after 3 poor games. However this seemed to be a different role then the one he is playing now.
    I thought he was unlucky as previously every time he Started to make a move at AFL level he got injured.
    He seems to have learnt about what his body can do and is now getting more consistency in it and AFL games.
    The talent is in him for sure.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey's new role for us has been a blessing for the team and himself too. His best footy is still in front of him too which is exciting. Knows where the goals are. Will be an important member of our team for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Bailey's new role for us has been a blessing for the team and himself too. His best footy is still in front of him too which is exciting. Knows where the goals are. Will be an important member of our team for years to come.
    I hope so, he has enough pace and is a stronger mark than I have given him credit for. Runs hard towards the goals as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope so, he has enough pace and is a stronger mark than I have given him credit for. Runs hard towards the goals as well
    Yes agree. Offers us something different in the forward line too.

Post Thanks / Like

I am dining on humble pie for the remainder of 2019. I was a Dale doubter. Not any more. He has plenty of tricks and knows how to kick a goal.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was his best game, he was involved in a number of goals and was consistent through out the match. Hopefully he can go on with it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

When his pressure acts are up he's a vastly better player. Some of his tackling and bursting in and out of congestion was A grade. If he can maintain this edge, his goals will still come but he will bring another dimension to the forwardline and team mates going ahead. A huge upgrade on Gowers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ive always been a believer and gave him a vote last night. It wasn't his ability around goals it was his work up the ground. His ability to break tackles and hit targets was elite.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    When his pressure acts are up he's a vastly better player. Some of his tackling and bursting in and out of congestion was A grade. If he can maintain this edge, his goals will still come but he will bring another dimension to the forwardline and team mates going ahead. A huge upgrade on Gowers.
    Agree BT. And he was coming off a interrupted pre season with that foot injury which set him back early.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been more consistently showing the traits that got us all excited at the end of 2017, but I can't get past his really awful and compromised efforts for all of last year and the first half of this year (a fair criticism), or that unshakable feeling that he won't be able to offer much when the whips are cracking (probably an unfair one given he hasn't been afforded the chance yet).

He's always been a classy finisher and moves so well, but it was particularly encouraging to see him stick a few tackles last night.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Highest average goals per game in the team this year over Lloyd and Schache

12. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ive always been a believer and gave him a vote last night. It wasn't his ability around goals it was his work up the ground. His ability to break tackles and hit targets was elite.
    Well done for sticking to your guns. I was wrong in my perception of him.
    He looks a player but always question marks over simple things. But when you kick goals it shuts everyone up.
    Great to see him smiling and contributing.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs forward Bailey Dale has come from the clouds to emerge as a finals wildcard

Bailey Dale was toiling away in the VFL less than two months ago.
    Now he will start September as one of the in-form players in the finals series, along with Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Jack Macrae and Dayne Zorko.
    After only playing three games in the first 17 rounds, the 23-year-old has been a revelation since returning to the Western Bulldogs’ side in Round 18.
    Dale slotted a career-high five goals against St Kilda in a stunning return, added another four majors the following week, before rounding out a brilliant block by booting five goals against Adelaide on Sunday to finish the home and away season by kicking 20 goals in the last six games.

Coleman Medal winner Jeremy Cameron (24 goals) and the two players who finished behind him — Ben Brown (21 goals) and Charlie Cameron (21 goals) — are the only three players who kicked more goals than Dale in this period.
    Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge knows what he is going to get from Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter and Macrae, but it is Dale who now looms as a wildcard this September.
    “Bails hasn’t played in the finals so this is a great first time for him,” Beveridge told reporters at Fox Footy on Monday.

“He showed so much promise in the early parts of his career. He has had some serious issues with his foot, so that’s held him back to a fair degree and then on the road back its establishing that belief in himself and his own form at the level and that’s taken a little while.
    “We always believed that he had it in him. He’s shown that in the early parts but it is obviously important and exciting for us to see what he’s doing at the moment.”

Star midfielders Bontempelli, Macrae and Dunkley were all included in the 40-man All-Australian squad on Monday ahead of the final 22 being unveiled on Wednesday night.
    Dual Brownlow medallist Chris Judd thinks Dale could be included in that team by this time next year if he continues to blossom at this rate.
    “His move up forward he looks so much more dangerous than he did down back. I think he can be an All-Australian player next year,” Judd said on Footy Classified on Monday night.
    The Victorian is out of contract at the end of October but signalled his intention to remain at the kennel during an interview earlier this month.
    The Western Bulldogs return to the September stage for the first time since they ended a 62-year premiership drought during a fairytale finals series in 2016, after winning eight of 11 games following the bye to roar back into the eight late.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I am very happy he is showing the form he promised to show early in his career. After watching him earlier this year, I didn't think he would make it, but all credit to him for working hard on his game. Now to show some consistency throughout every match and he will be so dangerous.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    “His move up forward he looks so much more dangerous than he did down back. I think he can be an All-Australian player next year,” Judd said on Footy Classified on Monday night.
    When did Dale ever play down back? Is Judd getting him mixed up with Bailey Williams?

18. Likes hujsh liked this post