Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  48
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Bailey Dale

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    He is a good swimmer, just not as good as Tom Williams, Crossy or Jarrad Grant.
    I'm still waiting to see how good a swimmer Scott Clayton is!

2. Likes bornadog, Greystache, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Bailey to Suckling 65 metres out - GOAL!!!
    Or the other way around.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Bailey grown a few centimetres since he was drafted. Stats show him as 182cm. If he hasn't, he must have long limbs! The contested mark he took in the third quarter was excellent. Beautiful judgement, balance and strong enough to hold his position. Just seemed to outreach everyone else.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Has Bailey grown a few centimetres since he was drafted. Stats show him as 182cm. If he hasn't, he must have long limbs! The contested mark he took in the third quarter was excellent. Beautiful judgement, balance and strong enough to hold his position. Just seemed to outreach everyone else.
    I think he has grown a bit. Certainly has filled out. Too bad he didn't clunk those set shots, then we wouldn't be talking about dropping him. Knowing Bevo, he will get another shot next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Bailey was at the Hawthorn game walking around level 1 prior to the start of the game. I had a chat to him. I am 185 cm and he is a fair bit taller than me. I would say he's 188-189 cm.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He is going to be something very special, he has long arms and takes marks at the very top of his reach.
    He has a very good tank, extremely mobile, reads the play and has a little X factor. He will cement his spot in the team at some stage and another year in the gym will be a huge upside on his arm strength and marking. I liken him to a Bomtempelli type but more outside player and drifting in.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

This kid is going to be a gun. Give him time and games and it will click that he belongs.

Post Thanks / Like

To hold his place in the team he has to kick those easy goals. He doesn't get enough of the ball currently to be in for just the touches he gets.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The more games this kid gets, the better he gets. Has now played 24 AFL games and is starting to get his hands on the ball and kick some goals. He had his best game against Carlton with 27 disposals, two goals and 1 goal assist.

Where do we see him playing in the future? Can he be a midfielder, or is he better off on the wing?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The more games this kid gets, the better he gets. Has now played 24 AFL games and is starting to get his hands on the ball and kick some goals. He had his best game against Carlton with 27 disposals, two goals and 1 goal assist.

Where do we see him playing in the future? Can he be a midfielder, or is he better off on the wing?
    I've heard Bevo say he could play high half back, forward and maybe in time midfield.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him remain on the wing and play an Andrew Gaff style game for us.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've heard Bevo say he could play high half back, forward and maybe in time midfield.
    Oh and in the Ruck.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog, hujsh, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love The Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

He remains unsigned doesn't he ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wing/high forward rotation. He uses the ball well forward of the centre, something we struggle with
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers