Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  118
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Caleb Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I wonder if Happy Days will finally get off his case.
    Can you imagine how annoying everyone would have been if that last kick went to a Lions player instead of Roarke?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

He's just about the best player I've ever seen, in terms of his ability to make good decisions under pressure and execute consistently under pressure. I can't think of another player past or present I want with the ball in their hands under pressure.

Some of those corridor kicks were just incredible.
    W00F!

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's just about the best player I've ever seen, in terms of his ability to make good decisions under pressure and execute consistently under pressure. I can't think of another player past or present I want with the ball in their hands under pressure.

Some of those corridor kicks were just incredible.
    Libba is sublime with his foot skills, massively underrated user of the ball. But yeah Caleb is pretty awesome. With regard to opposition players, I reckon Sam Mitchell was as good a decision-maker with ball in hand as I've seen in the last 20-25 years. And before that Greg Williams was the best I've seen.
    Last edited by Sedat; 16-06-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Libba is sublime with his foot skills, massively underrated user of the ball. But yeah Caleb is pretty awesome. With regqrd to opposition players, I reckon Sam Mitchell was as good a decision-maker with ball in hand as I've seen in the last 20-25 years. And before that Greg Williams was the best I've seen.
    Our best kick is Bailey Dale, but Caleb probably better with his decision making.

Mitchell and Williams were absolutely elite in their time.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Libba is sublime with his foot skills, massively underrated user of the ball. But yeah Caleb is pretty awesome. With regqrd to opposition players, I reckon Sam Mitchell was as good a decision-maker with ball in hand as I've seen in the last 20-25 years. And before that Greg Williams was the best I've seen.
    Libba is the best kick in the side. Decision, weight direction just perfect.

Strangely many get sucked in by Dale's bullets but they've never been the sign of a good kick.

10. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why they have to throw shade at our man Caleb?

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Why they have to throw shade at our man Caleb?

Legit? if so bloody ordinary.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Legit? if so bloody ordinary.
    Yep it's on the shop!

Post Thanks / Like

Never seen a youth shaped like that

Post Thanks / Like

He looks ever so youthful to me. Nice pic too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested to hear the thoughts of others of where our Mr Fixit best fits in next season for us?
    This year he played a bit of everywhere, back line, midfield and forward and he did well when he had an extended run when Treloar missed a few weeks for us.
    From a midfield perspective, we've brought in Harmes, we will be hoping for some improvement in Macrae and we need to find some addition minutes for Baz Smith. Then there is potentially Ryley Sanders looking to soak up any opportunities in the middle. We also have our A Graders in Bont, Treloar and Liberatore.
    In the back line in terms of smaller defenders we have seen the re-emergence of JJ, have kept Duryea on the list and have Vandermeer and maybe Gallagher in the mix.
    In the forward line we are cramped again with a host of smaller forward options mainly Weightman, A.Jones, West, Clarke and maybe Garcia all fighting for the smaller forward opportunities.

So is Caleb Daniel resigned to playing mainly off the interchange bench for us or will he lock down a spot of his own in 2024?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Said it before and will say it again, he plays as a roaming half forward, with a licence to move op the ground, but primarily he should be the guy kicking the ball into the forward line.

21. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Dogs 24/7, lemmon, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Said it before and will say it again, he plays as a roaming half forward, with a licence to move op the ground, but primarily he should be the guy kicking the ball into the forward line.
    I like him forward half as well. His lateral movement is as good as anyone in the side, he's an excellent crumber off hands and he'll set team mates up or finish off himself.

He spent a fair bit of time as the man sitting off the stoppage as a handball receive option again last year and it felt like teams had really figured it out. I'd like to see him spend more time as a genuine forward

23. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I like him forward half as well. His lateral movement is as good as anyone in the side, he's an excellent crumber off hands and he'll set team mates up or finish off himself.

He spent a fair bit of time as the man sitting off the stoppage as a handball receive option again last year and it felt like teams had really figured it out. I'd like to see him spend more time as a genuine forward
    I would think Sanders first year might be sitting off the stoppage as he builds up his body etc.
    Daniel should float around about 2 kicks out of goals so he can hit out forwards on the lead.
    Bring back the biff