Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

16 Players coming out of contract in 2015

Our list management team will have plenty to do this year as 16 players will be coming out of contract.

Roughead, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Grant, M.Boyd, Wood, Morris and Murphy just to name a few. I'm not sure if the rookies are included in the 16 but I'd guess so.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 16 Players coming out of contract in 2015

Quite a few of those mentioned will be offered one years deals, I'm thinking Morris and Murphy, perhaps Wood, and Grant if he's retained.

We've been improving our list management quite significantly over the past few years, so I'm confident we'll get it done. It would be great for some news of signings to occur early though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Our list management team will have plenty to do this year as 16 players will be coming out of contract.

Roughead, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Grant, M.Boyd, Wood, Morris and Murphy just to name a few. I'm not sure if the rookies are included in the 16 but I'd guess so.
    Not too big a task. Boyd will retire. Morris & Murphy will be at years end. Wood might explore FA, so that might have to wait too. I can't see us jumping too quick to Grant, if we do then he's had a blinding year. Roughy & Wallis wouldn't be looking anywhere I would guess. Dahl to me seems the big ticket here. I would go to sign him quickly, but his management might have some rumours from opposition clubs about what they could offer him. On the flip side, he have heaps of smalls so if he wants to look at offers it may give us trade currency in an area we have a bit of. But I'd prefer to sign him up to a fair offer as well as trying to get some contract extensions to gun players, and build the excitement of the group to want to stick together.

I think the issue ahead is finding the very good players who will stay for under market value. The Joel Corey, Corey Enright type good players who value success over more cash.

Edit: Ayce is up isn't he?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Bit of a worry letting these 3 Roughead, Wallis and Dahlhaus get to the last year of a contract.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Would hate to lose Dahl but he'd be worth plenty on the open market and we do have quite a few of his type...

If it got us in a position to trade for a gun back, I'd test the waters.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would hate to lose Dahl but he'd be worth plenty on the open market and we do have quite a few of his type...

If that gun key defender came up we'd be be neglectful not to look at our subterranean types, of which we have plenty, and wonder which one is at the top of his value ATM.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon would love to get us even for stealing their marketing face (Crameri). Dahl would add dimension to their one dimensional forward line. If a Carlisle type were gettable (leaving finer points aside), I wonder if we'd entertain the idea?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that after this season the thought of trading Dal will seem utter madness. I think he is being overlooked due to the gushing about Bont etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Edit: Ayce is up isn't he?
    Yes he is out of contract at the end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

As I have mentioned before he is the face of the club for our young members and it would be a PR disaster if he were to go.. Especially after losing so many recognizable faces at the end of 2014.

He must be re-signed.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we know the actual 16?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do we know the actual 16?
    I would have listed them all in the opening post if I knew them.
    I'm sure more information will be made available but this isn't a bad starting point.

Post Thanks / Like

Mid year we'll have turned things around and they'll rush to sign. Stay true, boys, we'll be 'right.

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'd actually get a great deal for Dahl if he wanted to leave, whilst not contracted.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about this tonight. I think we'll be fine. Just because a players contract is up doesn't mean he's looking to leave. Many players say no to the extra money.