Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 East Meets West Family Day

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    An appalling decision. Just cancel the East-West Club now, it exists in name only. You get to see a full training session (apart from when your tour of the inner sanctum is taking place) And part of the sweetener is you get to see the new lights? Wow. If it wasn't so disappointing it would be laughable. Their excuse of needing every single session is nonsense. "We didn't do that well this year because we drove to Glen Waverley that day". They've really dropped the ball on this one.
    I agree, one day training in the east isnot going to kill them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a real howler.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    An appalling decision. Just cancel the East-West Club now, it exists in name only. You get to see a full training session (apart from when your tour of the inner sanctum is taking place) And part of the sweetener is you get to see the new lights? Wow. If it wasn't so disappointing it would be laughable. Their excuse of needing every single session is nonsense. "We didn't do that well this year because we drove to Glen Waverley that day". They've really dropped the ball on this one.
    Agreed.

Also quite laughable they mention it's only a 40 minute drive to Whitten Oval, so everyone should make the trip! Goodness me...

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt until hearing the exact reason why they have decided to do this. Bizarre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Not sure the delayed start is the real reason. We'll know the answer when they announce the location of the 2016 EW day.
    Hopefully it is just for 2015 and that the 2016 EW day will be back at Wesley College, Glen Waverley.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

From Blackburn to Whitten Oval it's about 28.6Km
    From Werribee where where we have quite a lot of supporters to Whitten Oval 25km
    From Melton to Whitten Oval it's well over 30Km away

But that's not the point. The East West Day was created to cater to the growing Bulldog support in the big Eastern Corridor.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 23-12-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm treating it as a one off. I'm sure the East West Club will make it work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Im thinking that too as well GVGjr that this is a one off.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who has attended this event each year with my children I am very disappointed with the Club's call on this.
    Based on the reasons provided it seems very precious of them. Come on guys it's hardly a plane trip to Perth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A very poor decision and an insult to the East West committee who work so hard for our members in the Eastern suburbs. They deserve better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    A very poor decision and an insult to the East West committee who work so hard for our members in the Eastern suburbs. They deserve better.
    They do a great job and as you say have worked tirelessly to keep the East West group relevant to Eastern suburbs and close by supporters

I'm hopeful this is just a one off change of venue
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's a one off too. It would be farcical holding the East West event at Whitten Oval each year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I just moved to the South East, which is what led me to this thread.

Im not sure how to join the East West Club but for the time being after hearing the family day is at Whitten Oval, I don't see the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post

Im not sure how to join the East West Club but for the time being after hearing the family day is at Whitten Oval, I don't see the point.
    Big move Alex, you will find it different out there.

The East West Club is only $10 per household, so won't break the bank. They do have other functions, newsletters etc and you can download a form from here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Big move Alex, you will find it different out there.

The East West Club is only $10 per household, so won't break the bank. They do have other functions, newsletters etc and you can download a form from here
    Thanks BAD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post

Congrats on the move alexxx - hope you enjoy your new home. We do have quite a good few woofers on here who live in the south east.

16. Likes N/A liked this post