Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lachie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Very similar player to Alan Didak at the same age IMO. Very clever in tight spaces, dangerous around goals, lots of side step or one step movements and similar mannerisms. I think he has a better tank from what I can tell just a matter of whether he can use it in the midfield. Lots of guys can dominate time trials and not get near it in the midfield. At the moment I think he is suited to playing as a high half forward. Can use his running to get up and down. If we can see him linking up and getting touches coming back through the lines towards goal then it might be time to push into midfield.
    I like the Didak call. I'm pretty confident Hunter will be able to transform himself from the flashy flanker type to a full midfielder because he showed at underage level he had the ability to accumulate big numbers. He's actually pretty good inside the contest, and genuinely a well rounded player, needs to work on his defensive side though.

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie's weaknesses all stem from the same root. His unaccountability, lack of physical strength, lack of penetration on kicking, ability to find and win footy, and incessant desire to shorten his name will all die off as he develops both physically and emotionally.

His strengths are unteachable, which is an amazing sign for his development. He's the player I'm most excited for outside of the Four Horsemen and The Boss.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    From the horse's mouth:

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthr...th-Mark-Hunter

So Lachie and the McVeighs are cousins and are not allowed to marry each other.
    Funnily enough, they're only not allowed to marry since they're all men. Cousin marriage and even aunt/uncle (niece/nephew) marriage is perfectly legal in Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lachie's weaknesses all stem from the same root. His unaccountability, lack of physical strength, lack of penetration on kicking, ability to find and win footy, and incessant desire to shorten his name will all die off as he develops both physically and emotionally.

His strengths are unteachable, which is an amazing sign for his development. He's the player I'm most excited for outside of the Four Horsemen and The Boss.
    i find it a bit funny you and others have to respond about Lachie's present and future in the way you and others have.

The guy's a pup in the most genuine sense. Great talent, some deficiencies and improving fitness. That's about all that we need to worry about right now and we need to hold off on the expectations beyond that for the time being.

He'll play where he's needed for now and he'll develop over the next couple of years to a point where we can actually gauge his progress. For now, just let him get as fit and strong as he can be, and wait and see how he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

The player I liken him to most is Stevie j.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    i find it a bit funny you and others have to respond about Lachie's present and future in the way you and others have.

The guy's a pup in the most genuine sense. Great talent, some deficiencies and improving fitness. That's about all that we need to worry about right now and we need to hold off on the expectations beyond that for the time being.

He'll play where he's needed for now and he'll develop over the next couple of years to a point where we can actually gauge his progress. For now, just let him get as fit and strong as he can be, and wait and see how he goes.
    Surely you're excited about him as a prospect?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Funnily enough, they're only not allowed to marry since they're all men. Cousin marriage and even aunt/uncle (niece/nephew) marriage is perfectly legal in Australia.

That's what I meant too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens tweeting a long term deal in the works for Hunter.

Great news.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes chef, The Doctor, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff. He's been a revelation
    The curse is dead.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter has realised somewhere near his potential after starting out very flashy and rather inconsistent. He is now so valuable to us and as a prime member of our magnificent leftie squad, adds that counter intuitive movement.
    Footscray Football Republic.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mark Stevens tweeting a long term deal in the works for Hunter.

Great news.
    Well deserved too.

He's turned his career around. 12 months ago, he was a lazy outside player who couldn't win his own ball. He's now become a consistent, prolific ball accumulator who works hard and constantly creates. His turn around shouldn't be understated; he's really important to our side now and is a great young mid. Underrated at the moment, as much is said about Bont, Libba, Wallis, Macrae etc.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the list management thats going on at the club. Really liking the new CEO. I think Hunter has GUN capability.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

18. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He really changed our side when he came in for the second half of 2015. All of a sudden we had a 30 possession a game midfielder with disposal skills added to the line up.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Love the list management thats going on at the club. Really liking the new CEO. I think Hunter has GUN capability.
    Might be a big call, but I think Hunter is better than Macrae (which is a good thing, because I rate Macrae highly too).

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter's progression from half way through the year last year has been excellent. I look forward to him becoming more rounded, particularly in his inside and defencive work. He needs to tackle more, there's no getting around if for him if he's going to play around the middle and on the forward flanks.

He plays a less balanced game than Jack at present, but has as many offensive attributes as Jack does presently.