Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lachie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter

AFL website now running with him extending his contract, as confirmed by Bevo. No word on length.

Great news. Still recall watching him down in Adelaide in the U/18 champs and being very impressed with him, it's great to see him now having a consistent impact in the senior side.

Post Thanks / Like

His last 10 games have been unbelievable:

Description Opponent Disposals
    Round 2 St Kilda 35
    Round 1 Fremantle 31
    Round 23 Brisbane 20
    Round 22 North Melbourne 33
    Round 21 West Coast 24
    Round 20 Melbourne 28
    Round 19 Port Adelaide 31
    Round 18 Essendon 36
    Round 17 Collingwood 32
    Elimination Final 28
    Last edited by bornadog; 05-04-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs lock in another pup with Lachie Hunter's new deal

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have locked in another piece of their bright future with Lachie Hunter the latest young gun to re-sign with the club.

Luke Beveridge revealed on Tuesday that the 21-year-midfielder had recommitted to the club, saying a new approach to his footy was the catalyst for the deal.

Some off-field misdemeanours early in 2015 resulted him spending 11 of the first 14 rounds in the VFL before finishing the season as one of the Dogs' prime midfielders.

"We needed to change a few things in his life and he has become a real influential player for our football club, hence why he's just been re-contracted," Beveridge said.

"His journey from this round last year to now (has been a big turnaround because) he had some battles and things going on in the background.

"He's a beauty, 'Lach', and he's very versatile."

Hunter has played 38 games since being taken as a father-son recruit with pick No.49 in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft.

His father Mark is a former captain of the club who played 130 games from 1988-96.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    His last 9 games have been unbelievable:

Description Opponent Disposals
    Round 2 St Kilda 35
    Round 1 Fremantle 31
    Round 23 Brisbane 20
    Round 22 North Melbourne 33
    Round 21 West Coast 24
    Round 20 Melbourne 28
    Round 19 Port Adelaide 31
    Round 18 Essendon 36
    Round 17 Collingwood 32
    Have you wiped the final from your memory?

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    If you watch him, particularly when he goes for longer handballs, he turns his whole torso and then twists it back to make almost a flinging action with his body, usually jumping as he releases. It's a really awkward technique. He's fine in close but longer range he needs to put his whole body into it and can be a bit inaccurate as a result. Very different technique to the many other smaller sized players in the side.
    Yep. I see what you mean. Good disposal by hand or foot is as much about balance as anything. Feet, hands and head all lined up as you strike the ball. Moving like that would make the ball loop through the air and hard to receive.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If it aint broke, don't fix it. His disposal from memory has been A grade. No good looking like a million bucks and ineffective. Keep up the good work Lachie. I believe I backed him in last year as player to be most improved. He must have come close. Think JJ or Woody may have pipped him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Have you wiped the final from your memory?
    I thought I had the last ten games, but somehow I missed it in my spreadsheet. Yeah must have been wiped from the memory.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. He had been in top form of late as at one point he was criticised heavily with how he was going.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

At the season launch, I asked him about this turn around and he basically said under Bevo the move to the wing has freed him up to roam around instead of being stuck in the forward pocket.

Great to see him get a long term contract and he is still only 21.
    Moving players to new positions can certainly do wonders. M Boyd in 2015 had a great year in the more defensive role from the midfield.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs lock in another pup with Lachie Hunter's new deal

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have locked in another piece of their bright future with Lachie Hunter the latest young gun to re-sign with the club.

Luke Beveridge revealed on Tuesday that the 21-year-midfielder had recommitted to the club, saying a new approach to his footy was the catalyst for the deal.

Some off-field misdemeanours early in 2015 resulted him spending 11 of the first 14 rounds in the VFL before finishing the season as one of the Dogs' prime midfielders.

"We needed to change a few things in his life and he has become a real influential player for our football club, hence why he's just been re-contracted," Beveridge said.

"His journey from this round last year to now (has been a big turnaround because) he had some battles and things going on in the background.

"He's a beauty, 'Lach', and he's very versatile."

Hunter has played 38 games since being taken as a father-son recruit with pick No.49 in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft.

His father Mark is a former captain of the club who played 130 games from 1988-96.
    So much for us losing a lot of our young stars 'cause we can't fit them in our salary cap with Toyd's contract.

All the Doomsdayers can bite it big time.

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news - sat with him and his dad at the East West Club 'Legends and Young Guns' dinner in his first year and he was most impressive and clearly close mates with his dad.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Moving players to new positions can certainly do wonders. M Boyd in 2015 had a great year in the more defensive role from the midfield.
    Moving Jarrad Grant from Bulldog's utility to the rehab program at Brisbane has vastly improved the entire team as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes Twodogs, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Moving Jarrad Grant from Bulldog's utility to the rehab program at Brisbane has vastly improved the entire team as well.
    I like this new model #1 too. Once we knock all the spirit and experimentation out of him he will be even better.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The kick in the pants he got last year has served him well . Another one thriving under Beveridge .
    Once again the talking heads ( some) look like complete morons, saying we won't be able to keep our young stars

Post Thanks / Like

And apparently Biggs is about to extend as well .
    Bring back the biff

23. Likes Twodogs, KT31 liked this post