Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lachie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And apparently Biggs is about to extend as well .
    Heard the same news - lets hope it happens soon.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a feature on Lachie in the pre-game on Channel 7 starting at 2.30pm today.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His goal kicking (probably kicking in general) is really starting to concern me, but do you think it's a priority to rectify for Lachie or the coaches?

There was a 1min clip sent out by the club showing vision from the training session at Spotless Stadium.. In the vision Lachie could be seen 3 or 4 times trying to kick miraculous goals.. Whilst this might be at the end of the session when players are 'mucking around', but for someone who clearly has an issue I would've thought his time could be better used at getting the basic skill of finishing off his work down pat... How you train is how you play!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    His goal kicking (probably kicking in general) is really starting to concern me, but do you think it's a priority to rectify for Lachie or the coaches?

There was a 1min clip sent out by the club showing vision from the training session at Spotless Stadium.. In the vision Lachie could be seen 3 or 4 times trying to kick miraculous goals.. Whilst this might be at the end of the session when players are 'mucking around', but for someone who clearly has an issue I would've thought his time could be better used at getting the basic skill of finishing off his work down pat... How you train is how you play!
    For the amount of times he gets the ball, he should be more damaging in the forward 50 (or anywhere). He has never been a great goal kicker and it is a concern. He has only had 7 shots at goal this season for a return of 4.3.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    For the amount of times he gets the ball, he should be more damaging in the forward 50 (or anywhere). He has never been a great goal kicker and it is a concern. He has only had 7 shots at goal this season for a return of 4.3.
    Plus a few that haven't made the distance from 40-45m out.

He's a fascinating player. Its absolutely brilliant how much ground he covers, in a single play he can get a disposal in the back pocket - and then within 30-40 seconds mark the ball forward. And he is such a smart player, knows where to go and what to do.

But then his execution is so often poor that it can be really frustrating that he doesn't finish off his work.

Certainly his good outweighs the bad - but would be great to see him tighten up his disposal and goal kicking to elevate his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Love him but he needs to work on his right foot

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie is a very important player for us. His stamina and endurance are terrific. More than his kicking, though, my main concern is with his tendency to give high floating loopy hand passes. One of these cost us big time in last year's EF.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

To me he is Scott West re-incarnated - he will get 30+ possessions, but not really hurt you.

He is a link player so I am less concerned about his goal kicking than some, but wish he was more clinical with his handball in particular. Personally I like him. He is coming along really well and will add this to his game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    To me he is Scott West re-incarnated - he will get 30+ possessions, but not really hurt you.

He is a link player so I am less concerned about his goal kicking than some, but wish he was more clinical with his handball in particular. Personally I like him. He is coming along really well and will add this to his game.
    Interesting, I never saw Scotty in that light. If I was picking anyone from the current list to compare to Westy it's Libba

11. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a 'death by 1000 cuts' player and will likely never be a player with high hurt factor by foot (my definition here is kicking fast moving, 55m balls). Mitch Wallis is a completely different style player, but similar in hurt factor by foot - that Wally can now work his man over, get forward and kick goals has added a lot to his game.

Hopefully Hunter can get to this point, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Needs to get better. There's no value in a possession if it ends in a turn over. And many times he doesn't kick it to advantage as well as he could.

Could be anything if he puts the hours into improving this. He "looks" like a good kick but the end result could improve.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really happy with the improvement he's shown, and I think if he tidies up his ball use he can be a genuine A-grade footballer.

It's my hope he's acknowledging his ball use issues and is working on them as hard as he seemed to work on his effort and team work to get into the side last year. If he is he can turn things around.

Post Thanks / Like

People that sledge Macrae & Hunter for their disposal need to try running 15k then see how far and how accurately they can kick a footy. It's a big factor in their disposal

I noticed a couple of weeks ago after some poor goalkicking that all our forwards started watching the shot clock and leaving it until the last second before having a shot. I reckon this was a coaching instruction to take all the time you can to get your breath back before taking your kick. It seemed to help a little bit, Redpath did it really well early one game but his kicking dropped off the longer the game went as he got more and more worn out
    Last edited by boydogs; 24-05-2016 at 01:29 AM.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    People that sledge Macrae & Hunter for their disposal need to try running 15k then see how far and how accurately they can kick a footy. It's a big factor in their disposal

I noticed a couple of weeks ago after some poor goalkicking that all our forwards started watching the shot clock and leaving it until the last second before having a shot. I reckon this was a coaching instruction to take all the time you can to get your breath back before taking your kick. It seemed to help a little bit, Redpath it really well early one game but his kicking dropped off the longer the game went as he got more and more worn out
    I think Macrae's kicking is seriously improved. He's still got a way to go, but he's made big strides.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I think Macrae's kicking is seriously improved. He's still got a way to go, but he's made big strides.
    Was pretty good on Sunday.