Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs move “the right decision”, says Hamling

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I think so too. He had a terrific few weeks with us & I placed a lot of value on him as an option in our backline but the system we play got the best out of his skill set. There is always a risk that in a different system the gaps in the skill set get exposed. I had him off the list at the half way mark of the season, so the gap between what he can do and can't feels pretty massive.

Wish him all the best and understand his decision, I am disappointed in some ways and not too fussed in others. If Adams goes next year, then it stings a bit more.
    Given his personality I think Hamling could happily walk away from football at the end of his contract over there. He's made a few million, had 8 years in the system now back to Broome for some fishing.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs move “the right decision”, says Hamling

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Given his personality I think Hamling could happily walk away from football at the end of his contract over there. He's made a few million, had 8 years in the system now back to Broome for some fishing.
    Yeah. He's done really well. Given where he's come from to be a premiership player and get a million dollar contract to move back home is a big acheivment.

Good luck to him. He helped to bring about one of the great moments if my life and I always be indebted to him for it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes SonofScray, anfo27 liked this post