Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Malthouse 'so excited' by Blues' trade bargains

One thing history does is repeat itself.

Carlton over and again go for stop gap approaches and never fully buy in to modern rebuilding. They will not go anywhere picking up rejects from the Western Bulldogs.

Mick is an old coach hanging on to his career and big salary. The sooner he goes from Carlton and the board's clean leadership can get things going in another direction the better.

What a stupid and delusional football club. They are so lucky they have dumbarse supporters it isn't funny.

2. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roughead if he plays back takes Casboult. Talia on Henderson. Morris on Jones.

Or Lake, Frawley, Gibson on Jones.

Good luck with that if that's the trade to a premiership....
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Roughead if he plays back takes Casboult. Talia on Henderson. Morris on Jones.

Or Lake, Frawley, Gibson on Jones.

Good luck with that if that's the trade to a premiership....
    ... That's what I should've said... Liam Jones last game was the only premiership he will play in. Or the the deluded jerk store called, and they're running out of Mick.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We got caleb Daniel for jones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    We got caleb Daniel for jones.

I feel like we are already in front.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I feel like we are already in front.
    Both are trading off reputation in under 18's footy.

9. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Senility must surely be kicking in..

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the problem. We're talking up a guy who was delisted pretty much the same way. Carlton are hardly going to come out and say he's got a ton of work to do, well behind the rest etc etc. That's not the case anyway, Liam's put a ton of work in this offseason and I expected him to hit the ground running when he got there. I still think we lost a very handy player in Jones and we got stuff all for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't see the problem. We're talking up a guy who was delisted pretty much the same way. Carlton are hardly going to come out and say he's got a ton of work to do, well behind the rest etc etc. That's not the case anyway, Liam's put a ton of work in this offseason and I expected him to hit the ground running when he got there. I still think we lost a very handy player in Jones and we got stuff all for him.
    Think what could have been, if only we had thought to work on his high jump and not his long jump.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

That's all well and good, but are they working on Liam's propensity to be easily brushed aside by a decent quality backmen?
    I think Jones will start well and the media will jump all over the fact we let him go, but let's see how it's going after the honeymoon.
    Will he ever have a decent enough second and third effort to cut it at Afl level.

Post Thanks / Like

I know its only training I've witnessed, but I'm pretty confident by this time next year people won't be referring to Caleb Daniel as "stuff all".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    I know its only training I've witnessed, but I'm pretty confident by this time next year people won't be referring to Caleb Daniel as "stuff all".
    Yep, from the sessions I've seen, I have the exact same impression of Shorty Daniel. I am very pleased with the look of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    We didn't get Daniel for Jones we got #46. It gave us an opportunity to draft him but that pick could have been anyone. We put so any years into Liam and being a KPF with a fair amount of talent that was a real poor return for him. Carlton got a steal, we'd be over the moon if it was Jones coming here and #46 going out.

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get Daniel for Jones we got #46. It gave us an opportunity to draft him but that pick could have been anyone. We put so any years into Liam and being a KPF with a fair amount of talent that was a real poor return for him. Carlton got a steal, we'd be over the moon if it was Jones coming here and #46 going out.
    Sorry G-Mo but I can't agree. Jones had plenty of chances and just lacks the mental capacity to impose himself on games. He drops his bundle easily and even his form in the VFL finals showed that he wants to play on his terms.

For Carlton he is a good fit replacing Mr Potential (Waite) with another inferior version.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Summed up well. While losing players like Griffen and Cooney hurt us they have both played their best football with us and won't get any better with their new sides. They might still play good football but we had them at their best.

In comparison, losing Jones who I don't think has reached his potential and it will hurt us more if he plays his best at Carlton. The fact that having him playing alongside of Tom Boyd would have been a great tall forward duo for us as well. Jones was also the ideal forward to provide Minson a chop out during the games.

I think we will miss him a bit more than we really know.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"