Likes Likes:  64
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1150
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Who Am I?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Ross Abbey

It is he. You're go.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Three players with the same surname played with us in the 70's. Their total of games between them was under 10. What is their surname?

Post Thanks / Like

Fox.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Fox.
    It's yours Twodogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Who am I? I kicked a goal with a torp at the Western Oval from a gluespot at CHF, late in the fourth quarter, kicking to the Barkly St end to win the day for the mighty Scray.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve MacPherson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Who am I? I kicked a goal with a torp at the Western Oval from a gluespot at CHF, late in the fourth quarter, kicking to the Barkly St end to win the day for the mighty Scray.
    Alan Stoneham ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Osbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Bernie Quinlan
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve MacPherson?
    My memory is it was versus Essendon and a pimply Paul Salmon stood behind me for part of the game. Stevie Mac embedded himself in my brain with that mighty effort that mere humans could not achieve, let alone to win the game. The ball was heavy and it was into the prevailing. Did I get it right Twodogs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    My memory is it was versus Essendon and a pimply Paul Salmon stood behind me for part of the game. Stevie Mac embedded himself in my brain with that mighty effort that mere humans could not achieve, let alone to win the game. The ball was heavy and it was into the prevailing. Did I get it right Twodogs?
    The one I am thinking of is v Hawthorn at Whitten oval in 1985. Super takes a mark and kicks the sodden ball about 50 metres to put our nose in front with only a couple of minutes to play, we held on and won a rain sodden game 5.something to 4 something.

We played a game the next year in similar conditions against Essendon in 1986 at Whitten oval. Despite the fact we didn't kick a goal for the first 3 quarters we got on a roll and hit the front in the last quarter.but Essendon kicked the last goal and won the game. A guy called Jon Bennett kicked 3 of our 4 goals in the last quarter and I don't think he ever played for us again despite kicking 100 goals in the reserves.

Post Thanks / Like

The one I am thinking of is v Hawthorn at Whitten oval in 1985. Super takes a mark and kicks the sodden ball about 50 metres to put our nose in front with only a couple of minutes to play, we held on and won a rain sodden game 5.something to 4 something.

We played a game the next year in similar conditions against Essendon in 1986 at Whitten oval. Despite the fact we didn't kick a goal for the first 3 quarters we got on a roll and hit the front in the last quarter.but Essendon kicked the last goal and won the game. A guy called Jon Bennett kicked 3 of our 4 goals in the last quarter and I don't think he ever played for us again despite kicking 100 goals in the reserves.
    Yes I remember that game Twodogs. I stood with my dad in the pocket at the Mount Mistake end and I think it was that left footer Bradbury who kicked the winning goal for them. Might be wrong there but have never gone home so drenched in my life. I was also unsure why Bennett didn't play more games in the firsts. He was a real gun in the Reserves and never disgraced himself when in the firsts.

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be right, it was the Hawks game and I was remembering the two and confusing them. I'll never forget that Stevie Mac goal,
    I was near the fence and there was a puddle right in front of the mark that would have put a mere mortal off, but Stevie just launched it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hughy31 View Post
    Richard Osbourne
    I think this might be on the money
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I remember that game Twodogs. I stood with my dad in the pocket at the Mount Mistake end and I think it was that left footer Bradbury who kicked the winning goal for them. Might be wrong there but have never gone home so drenched in my life. I was also unsure why Bennett didn't play more games in the firsts. He was a real gun in the Reserves and never disgraced himself when in the firsts.

Yep it was Bradbury from a pass from Tim Watson with Neil Cordy stood between then unsure what to do. Bradbury was his man but Cordy had gone kick chasing and Bradbury wandered unnoticed tot the goal square. The ball ended up with Watson on the half forward flank and Cordy 20 metres away from his direct opponent who was in the square all by himself.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post