Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  64
Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Who Am I?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Is the trick that the question should read "Have not played a game"? Which would make the answer Tom Boyd?
    If you're right that is the best get of the thread
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the trick that the question should read "Have not played a game"? Which would make the answer Tom Boyd?
    Had the exact same thought... Cannot think of anyone else!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    While we wait for AR

Who am I?
    I was a top 10 draft pick for another club
    I was traded to the Bulldogs early in my career
    I did not play a game for the Bulldogs but for some reason was not seen as a disappointment
    The only player I can think of that is close is Andrew MacDougall, but he did play a few games.
    The did not play would seem to eliminate Boyd, because if he doesn't play he will be a huge disappointment.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Worst.Question.Ever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    You got it. It was Ian Morrison whose brother Peter played one game as well.

And was one of the bigger trading blunders we have made. We sold him to South Melbourne for $500 and he won 2 B&Fs for them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The only player I can think of that is close is Andrew MacDougall, but he did play a few games.
    The did not play would seem to eliminate Boyd, because if he doesn't play he will be a huge disappointment.
    I've looked through every draft from 1997 onwards and can't find anyone who was top 10 and who came to us early in their career yet failed to play a game. If it is Boyd as you say it should read '...I have not played a game with the Bulldogs' rather than '...did not play a game for the Bulldogs'. The latter infers past tense which means said player is no longer with us, thereby eliminating Boyd.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I've looked through every draft from 1997 onwards and can't find anyone who was top 10 and who came to us early in their career yet failed to play a game. If it is Boyd as you say it should read '...I have not played a game with the Bulldogs' rather than '...did not play a game for the Bulldogs'. The latter infers past tense which means said player is no longer with us, thereby eliminating Boyd.
    I thought the same, but at the same time can't for the life of me figure out who else it is.

I think Boydogs might be trying to be too clever by half.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought - the question says top 10 draft pick but doesn't say national draft. Could the player have been a pre-season or rookie draft pick? I can't be bothered trawling though all those drafts looking for someone that never played a game for us though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Just a thought - the question says top 10 draft pick but doesn't say national draft. Could the player have been a pre-season or rookie draft pick? I can't be bothered trawling though all those drafts looking for someone that never played a game for us though!
    I would be surprised if anyone ever guessed a Greenwood or Condos for this question.

Rather than wait for BD to give us the answer I'll post a simultaneous question to get us rolling again.

Born in Melbourne I was drafted from interstate as a late pick. I received a rising star nomination in my first year with the club. I also won our best first year player award the same year. I am?
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 15-01-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Ryan Hargrave, but he wasn't nominated for a rising star until his 3rd season.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Sounds like Ryan Hargrave, but he wasn't nominated for a rising star until his 3rd season.
    Yeah its Hargrave. Wiki says he got in in his first playing season (2002) and not his first season with the club (1999) so yeah you're right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If it is Boyd as you say it should read '...I have not played a game with the Bulldogs' rather than '...did not play a game for the Bulldogs'. The latter infers past tense which means said player is no longer with us, thereby eliminating Boyd.
    That would have given it away. Boyd was correct
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Fire away WD54

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies WD

I was at Footscray for a short time during the mid 80's

I played for two VFL sides during my career, playing over 100 games.

Originally i came to the VFL from interstate

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, deleted
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.