Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation: Get Alex Rance

He's the same size as Lake. I think he does well and holds his own a lot of the time, I wouldn't say he ever gets monstored.

Roughies never going to have the agility or speed to handle the Franklins/Carlisles/Camerons of the world.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    All this money to buy what we need instead of going to the draft.....are we turning into the Carlton of old?
    .... Sigh.... You can do both. That's the point of FA, you keep your draft picks and then cherry pick players with cash at no expense of draft picks. Are we meant to let everyone else use FA and do nothing ourselves?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is it really?

Harbrow I'll pay but Ward was woeful mismanagement. The rest I'm glad are gone.

"Time we got x" sucks; Boyd-style coups are where it's at.
    I'm more talking about the theory of FA. That is, when a team bottoms out they lose players to FA. The theory goes as they climb up with salary cap space they attract FAs. I'm not talking about individuals, just seeing if the FA theory works the other way.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rance is already monstored against guys like Franklin and in years to come, Patton, Boyd, and other talls. We need Roughie at 200cm to develop into a top line Fullback.
    Yeah Boyd will eat him up at 200cm. Roughie needs to get stronger but is the better option at full back.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Height semantics! My favourite!

Rance was the best defender in the competition last year. If we could hypothetically get him surely there's no way we wouldn't?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah Boyd will eat him up at 200cm. Roughie needs to get stronger but is the better option at full back.
    Given Morris is a year or two away from retirement there's definitely room for both Roughy and Rance in a backline (not to mention Zaine in a few years). On the other hand I'm not sure given the deal we've given Boyd and the room we need to leave for Bont / Stringer / Macrae et al and paying Libba like a top liner, that we can offer the kind of $$$ that will draw him away from Richmond or outbid another team. I'd take him for sure but I'm not sure it's particularly realistic.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Fullback.

Rance is already monstored against guys like Franklin and in years to come, Patton, Boyd, and other talls. We need Roughie at 200cm to develop into a top line Fullback.
    That's the beauty of having a few options though. Against Sydney, I say Roughead is best suited to Tippett, meaning at the moment we'd have Morris, Talia or Roberts on Franklin and Reid. Having Rance to play on one of those blokes would be a huge help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    That's the beauty of having a few options though. Against Sydney, I say Roughead is best suited to Tippett, meaning at the moment we'd have Morris, Talia or Roberts on Franklin and Reid. Having Rance to play on one of those blokes would be a huge help.
    Who knows, maybe two of the Widow-Maker, Hamlet, Talia & Roberts emerge as good KPD's this year and then we don't need Rance?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Who knows, maybe two of the Widow-Maker, Hamlet, Talia & Roberts emerge as good KPD's this year and then we don't need Rance?
    Maybe they do, but Rance would be the best defender in our team if he came across.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe they do, but Rance would be the best defender in our team if he came across.
    Without a doubt. While BAD refers to Rance as being too small it's countered by the fact that he has good athleticism and pace. He's a taller version of Morris. I doubt we can get him but he fits the criteria of what we should be looking for.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Without a doubt. While BAD refers to Rance as being too small it's countered by the fact that he has good athleticism and pace. He's a taller version of Morris. I doubt we can get him but he fits the criteria of what we should be looking for.
    No doubt he is a good defender, but I don't see him as a fullback.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt he is a good defender, but I don't see him as a fullback.
    Doesn't have to be the FB though. At CHB he would be a great addition playing FB when match-ups suit us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Given Morris is a year or two away from retirement there's definitely room for both Roughy and Rance in a backline (not to mention Zaine in a few years). On the other hand I'm not sure given the deal we've given Boyd and the room we need to leave for Bont / Stringer / Macrae et al and paying Libba like a top liner, that we can offer the kind of $$$ that will draw him away from Richmond or outbid another team. I'd take him for sure but I'm not sure it's particularly realistic.
    I see a lot of Rance in Talia actually. Same height, will be same build and at times makes questionable decisions. We may free up some cap with M Boyd but equally may need to spread that to sate the masses. Either way we desperately need someone to help Roughie down there and it would be great if it was someone other than Morris for a change. Losing Lake and Williams over the past 3 years has put us on the back foot a fair bit and I'm hoping like hell that Talia has a break-out year. I reckon Bevo will give him every opportunity.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't turn down a 25 year old All Australian defender because he's 194 instead of 197 centimetres. He's an out and out gun, if Roughy ever got to his level I'd be ecstatic...and hugely surprised.

He's fast, strong, quick on the lead and has the stamina to go with most big guys in the comp, the one knock is his disposal but he would be an outstanding pickup and worthy of a large chunk of change.

15. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we got Rance, it would be too good to be true. We'd nearly have completed the building of our team, all we'd need to do is bring in quality midfielders via the draft, fill needs as depth players request trades, and potentially another mature age ruckman. How exciting would that be!