Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation: Get Alex Rance

I'd be happy to get him, as long as the contract is reasonable. He'd offer us the defensive match up for the mid-sized key forwards who are quick on the lead and good aerobically. We'd still be dependant on Roughead making the grade as a key defender, or need to draft another with the size to play on the genuine big guys, but we need a Rance type.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

We have as much chance of getting Rance as we would getting Tom Boyd, oh wait we did get Tom Boyd! Anything is possible these days.

Rance is a gun. If we were any chance at getting him to the kennel I would be beside myself. He is exactly what we need down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    .... Sigh.... You can do both. That's the point of FA, you keep your draft picks and then cherry pick players with cash at no expense of draft picks. Are we meant to let everyone else use FA and do nothing ourselves?
    "Sigh"?

How many sarcasm emoticons do you want me to post?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    "Sigh"?

How many sarcasm emoticons do you want me to post?
    Sorry I'm relatively new to emoticons. Is the sarcasm thingy about the post, or poster. If I took it wrong, my bad AR.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm relatively new to emoticons. Is the sarcasm thingy about the post, or poster. If I took it wrong, my bad AR.
    If you hover over the emoticon he used it says "roll eyes (sarcastic)"

I don't think it really conveys sarcasm though

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    Rance is a gun. If we were any chance at getting him to the kennel I would be beside myself. He is exactly what we need down back.

Totally agree

Post Thanks / Like

No probs.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Phase one is complete BT. Looks like Rancey is putting contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1227208700583

Rance, 25 and a first-time All-Australian last season, is out of contract at the end of this year and has delayed contract talks, which will is likely to make many at Punt Road anxious.

Troy Chaplin and Alex Rance hug after the Tigers beat Adelaide last season. Picture: Simon Cross

The West Australian is set to be the centre of intense media speculation the longer the Tigers go without gaining his signature as rival clubs — especially Fremantle in his home state — take a keen interest in his future.

Chaplin knows Rance’s contract will be a constant topic of debate in 2015 but said the Tigers would support him whatever he chose to do at the end of the year.

“It’s a tough situation that Rancey’s in,” Chaplin told SEN on Thursday morning.

“I mean, it’s going to be talked about all year ... there’s always the risk that you’re going to lose a player like that but we’ve got full faith in Alex making the right decision.

“And the more pressure that you put on them, then the more it’s going to affect their game.

“It’s got nothing to do with us. That’s Rancey’s decision — we’ll support him in whatever decision he makes.

“Hopefully it is to stay with the Tigers because he does know how important he is to us and our make-up ... but as a playing group it’s far from our mind.”

Star midfielder Dustin Martin is also out of contract at the end of 2015

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, Happy Days, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Now for phase 2. The president has to put on the annual ex-players from Footscray bring your son along dinner and have Tom Boyd award Murray a gong and life membership.

It's just too easy.

Also if Alex is playing in a few weeks, perhaps we could move from end to end and encourage him to make the move West?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would mean going to Richmond games. Can some of us phone it in?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That would mean going to Richmond games. Can some of us phone it in?
    End to end at WO in 3 weeks. Just one game should be fine.

16. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

End to end at WO in 3 weeks. Just one game should be fine.
    Good point.

I'll see you there.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good point.

I'll see you there.
    Done. Do we go with positive 'we'd love you to follow your dad at Whitten Oval' or go with some banter 'Tom Boyd is bloody big and bloody good, do you want to play with him or against him?'.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Now for phase 2. The president has to put on the annual ex-players from Footscray bring your son along dinner and have Tom Boyd award Murray a gong and life membership.

It's just too easy.

Also if Alex is playing in a few weeks, perhaps we could move from end to end and encourage him to make the move West?
    Follow him from end to end? You make him sound like John Coleman BT.

Post Thanks / Like

Done. Do we go with positive 'we'd love you to follow your dad at Whitten Oval' or go with some banter 'Tom Boyd is bloody big and bloody good, do you want to play with him or against him?'.
    How about '...Rancey, we're going to play in a premiership in 3 years time - make your Dad proud by becoming a Western Bulldogs premiership player'.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post