Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ward: Griff has not settled well at Giants

Former Western Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen has struggled to fit in at the GWS Giants and is yet to make anything resembling an impact around the club, says teammate Callan Ward.

The pair was reunited after Griffen decided he needed to abandon the Dogs at the end of last season, three years after Ward also decided money sure beat playing at Footscray.

“He’s been really poor, he is not really enjoying Sydney, he rarely comes to training, and I think he hates all the boys,” said Ward on SEN radio.

“He has been a poor investment for us so far.”

The Giants co-captain admits he knew months before that his ex-teammate was so unhappy in the final months of his time at Whitten Oval and believes he hasn't been able to put that behind him.

“Yeah he told me in August, we all knew he was coming actually, but we had to keep it quiet,” explained Ward.

“I knew he was keen to leave the Bulldogs, and I think he just needed a club where he wouldn't have to do too much, such as speak for himself, I think he’s had that here.”

The playing group is coming to terms with the end of their break for the holidays and hoping to build on their six wins from last season.

“The boys hated going to Noosa and I think we really needed to go to a different country to train, but we keep spending cash on turncoats and losing our top draft picks,” said Ward of the Giants’ pre-Christmas training camp.

“We haven’t spoken about our goals too much, we’re just trying to manage our pay checks, but hopefully we can win enough games to activate the performance clauses in our contracts and collect a healthy bonus.”

2. Likes F'scary, jeemak, soupman, 1eyedog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ward: Griff has not settled well at Giants

Love it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Wards Contract up at the end of this year?

I don't think management would pleased with his comments.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

This has to be tongue in cheek. Not even bucket head could be that dumb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    This has to be tongue in cheek. Not even bucket head could be that dumb
    No byline or masthead. Looks like The Onion's work maybe. Definitely satire.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

Former Western Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen has struggled to fit in at the GWS Giants and is yet to make anything resembling an impact around the club, says teammate Callan Ward.

The pair was reunited after Griffen decided he needed to abandon the Dogs at the end of last season, three years after Ward also decided money sure beat playing at Footscray.

“He’s been really poor, he is not really enjoying Sydney, he rarely comes to training, and I think he hates all the boys,” said Ward on SEN radio.

“He has been a poor investment for us so far.”

The Giants co-captain admits he knew months before that his ex-teammate was so unhappy in the final months of his time at Whitten Oval and believes he hasn't been able to put that behind him.

“Yeah he told me in August, we all knew he was coming actually, but we had to keep it quiet,” explained Ward.

“I knew he was keen to leave the Bulldogs, and I think he just needed a club where he wouldn't have to do too much, such as speak for himself, I think he’s had that here.”

The playing group is coming to terms with the end of their break for the holidays and hoping to build on their six wins from last season.

“The boys hated going to Noosa and I think we really needed to go to a different country to train, but we keep spending cash on turncoats and losing our top draft picks,” said Ward of the Giants’ pre-Christmas training camp.

“We haven’t spoken about our goals too much, we’re just trying to manage our pay checks, but hopefully we can win enough games to activate the performance clauses in our contracts and collect a healthy bonus.”
    And the late news is that McCartney has been hired as senior assistant coach at GWS...
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha....the "real" article was Ward speaking to (I think) SEN, and saying pretty much the reverse of this. This is much funnier though.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No byline or masthead. Looks like The Onion's work maybe. Definitely satire.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Hahaha....the "real" article was Ward speaking to (I think) SEN, and saying pretty much the reverse of this. This is much funnier though.
    Yeah, I read this article and all I could think of, besides what a d**k Griff is, is that it's such cliched nonsense. I wondered what my fellow WOOF illuminati thought, and when I posted it decided to switch the sentiments around for a chuckle.

I removed the byline so nobody got in the poop for crediting an edited article.

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Yeah, I read this article and all I could think of, besides what a d**k Griff is, is that it's such cliched nonsense. I wondered what my fellow WOOF illuminati thought, and when I posted it decided to switch the sentiments around for a chuckle.

I removed the byline so nobody got in the poop for crediting an edited article.

Maybe you should submit it to the Onion?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to such an article on Shaun Higgins
    Very funny stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Maybe you should submit it to the Onion?
    Is there an Australian Onion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Cyperus bulbosus is perennial and rhizomatous, with fine grassy foliage and triangular culms. The inflorescence is rarely branched and consists of a cluster of spikes of reddish brown bracts, eventually producing small three-sided seeds.

The small tubers which form on short stolons are a traditional bush tucker food for Australian Aborigines. They are dug up on creek banks when the grass of the onion has dried out. The husk can also be eaten. They are eaten raw or cooked in the hot earth by the fire.

16. Likes Maddog37, boydogs, Drunken Bum, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Inside Sauce (http://insidesauce.com/) is probably the closest AFL wise, or Titus O'Reily.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, love your work BAS!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!