Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18

View Poll Results: Where will we end up.

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Premiers

1 1.20%
  • 2-3

0 0%
  • 4-5

1 1.20%
  • 6-7

1 1.20%
  • 8-9

8 9.64%
  • 10-11

9 10.84%
  • 12-13

18 21.69%
  • 14-15

32 38.55%
  • 16-17

11 13.25%
  • Lucky last

2 2.41%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where will we finish.

Can see us starting brightly, but then fading badly with our very young squad.

Bottom two is where we'll end up unfortunately.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where will we finish.

I can see us finishing about 12-15th.

Whilst we've lost some prime movers I'm optimistic we're going to structure up better both up forward and down back, which should help.

We also have quite a few players who should be able to somewhat fill the gap created by the departures, however consistency will be the struggle.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's another lean year ahead, but in a positive sense. Some awful years a team can regress and lose badly. Some lean years the advancement of individual players, experience and playing the way the coach wants consistently balances out the losses. I think it will be a much better year, but not on the ladder. If that makes sense?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will surprise. I've been to probably half the sessions this preseason and things are much brighter this year. There is an air of players really enjoying what they are doing and competing with each other to do things better.

I worry about how young we are and how that can mean wild variations in form during the year and an almost certain drop off at the end of the season but I'm upbeat on our chances.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking bottom three, but can see myself enjoying watching the performance of the various talented players we have over the season. Hopefully they'll improve both individually and as team players.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think we will surprise. I've been to probably half the sessions this preseason and things are much brighter this year. There is an air of players really enjoying what they are doing and competing with each other to do things better.

I worry about how young we are and how that can mean wild variations in form during the year and an almost certain drop off at the end of the season but I'm upbeat on our chances.
    Me too. This year I am going to be bullish and that is why I am predicting close to finishing in the top 8. Probably will be close in the end.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see us getting higher than 14-15 just yet.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Voted 10-11. Think we would need a lot to go right to make the 8, things like Boyd kicking 40, Campbell holding down 2nd ruck as a viable forward option, Talia holding down CHB, Jong playing seniors, Smith & Prudden coming back, Biggs & Darley making it.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I can't put down last but IMO we'll be fighting St. Kilda for that spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I can't put down last but IMO we'll be fighting St. Kilda for that spoon.
    I tend to agree.

I don't think it'll be a disaster of a year. We'll find out a lot about a number of our younger fringe players and we need to. There will be some surprise performers and undoubtedly some disappointments who may find themselves delisted. It's an important year for the club and whilst it is a results driven business, for a realistic fan it should be an enjoyable one.

I think we're likely to copy Port Adelaide's rise in the long run. I don't see us gradually moving up the ladder, I can see us "shocking the football world" by storming up the ladder but we need another year or two before that can happen.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I think in that 12-15 range. I still think that GWS is honestly pretty bad, St Kilda are just as bad and Melbourne is marginally better than either of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    things like Boyd kicking 40,
    I am expecting no less than 60 on that salary
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am expecting no less than 60 on that salary
    Pretty sure he's still on his rookie contract and isn't on big bucks until 2016. So he only needs to give us 25-30 this year before next years ton
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't surprise me if we finished in the bottom 4 teams but with a bit of a run it could be so much higher.

It all depends on some of the younger guys grabbing their opportunities. It's such an inexperienced list though that lacks star players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we finished in the bottom 4 teams but with a bit of a run it could be so much higher.

It all depends on some of the younger guys grabbing their opportunities. It's such an inexperienced list though that lacks star players.
    I think we need to finish bottom 4, we really need another top 3-4 pick before going back up I reckon. Of course id rather see us win more games but if we can get another high pick.