Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Bidding System

There has been far too many knee-jerk reactions to Sydney playing the rules right. I don't like what they're doing, I think it's against the spirit of why those rules are there, but they ARE working within the rules and doing their darnedest to capitalise. I think it's less about fairness and more about sticking it up Sydney for finding loopholes and exploiting them. Because let's face it: real fairness is no father son rule. No draft concessions whatsoever, actually.

It's amazing how quickly the AFL has moved to try and curb Sydney, yet the Bombers…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But again, why does this need to be the case? Why doesn't the AFL just fund it if it is so vital to the expansion of the game?
    Indirectly the AFL do fund it through those teams. It's in their best interest to make the Sydney teams strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Father / Son is designed to add a bit of nostalgia to the game and has been very effective at that in my opinion. These academies are about driving on field success to increase the amount of money the AFL can make from then northern states. If they think they can keep filling up the funnel and nothing will be lost from the other end, they are wrong.