Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A win for the good guys

Great news, well done GS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Getting a Bulldog named after a player would be a good start (even is his name is Gryphi). Then taking said Bulldog for regular outings to Whitten Oval for games and training sessions where about 1000 kids will ask to pat him and have their photo with him will go along way to conversion!
    Named after the LA Clippers player I'm sure

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! It must have been tough being married to one of those arrogant arseholes for so long, I'm glad your wife now has grounds to shake that tag and claim her place in society as a respectable lady. If only the tens of thousands of other fans had the same integrity and walked away from that debacle of a Club, rather than have it taint their character, EFC might cease to exist and the world would be a better place.

4. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You may see some dark cars parked out the front of your house for a while.........

Post Thanks / Like

The best part will be your kids will be bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Stache

Post Thanks / Like

It must have been a very painful decision for your wife GS, but obviously she has got through it with a decision of renewal and rebirth. Welcome to the Dogs Mrs Greystache.

Post Thanks / Like

Take her down to the Vic Uni pool for a re-baptism (see might see some Doggy skin while she's there).

My plan was cultivated perfectly, fearing a life with someone who wasn't a Dog, I thought it would be safer to find someone who didn't follow football at all (hard to do in Melbourne). So I thought to myself "self, where in the world is a place that sucks enough that a person would want to leave and that the entire population has no interest in footy?".....of course....Sydney!

Fearing actually having to go to Sydney to meet someone, I had heard that a lot of young Australians go travelling, so a ticket to Europe was bought and I was off. It took me a little while to find my feet over there, a lot of distractions that were hampering my cause. Finally in Munich one fateful evening I heard a young lass speaking with an Aussie twang;

Me "Hey how are you?"

Her "Good"

Me "Where are you from?"

Her "Sydney"

Me "Who do you follow in the AFL?"

Her "What is AFL"

Fast forward two years she has now settled into Maribyrnong nicely, is starting to full understand and enjoy the nuances of our game, and better yet over weekend we applied her Western Bulldogs 2015 Member sticker to her beloved car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Top job Greystache - persistence pays off! Do you have any tips for converting supporters (drugs scandals aside)? Hypnotic whispering as they fall asleep? Humming Sons of the West regularly? Slyly leaving Bulldogs memorabilia strewn around the house?

I reckon my WCE husband is ripe for a conversion, just to work out how...
    My partner was simply told: OK, the game is on Sunday at 1640. Here's your scarf. No, really. Yes, you have to wear it. It's OK, lots of people wear them. See you there. Bring the scarf. Oh, by the way, here's a membership form, if you buy a home membership only I'll waive your requirements to attend away matches. Win-win, yes? Now you have your membership, the sticker goes right here on your bumper. Yep, that's right, the world can see that they are driving behind a worldly and learned lady of class and distinction. No, I'm not mental. See you on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky. My wife was brought up in Frankston while I was brought up in Yarraville yet both of us were avid bulldog supporters before we met.Both our parents and grand parents had barracked for Footscray.

12. Likes N/A liked this post