Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matty Boyd to the backline

I think the majority of posters had some concerns about his move down back, but he has excelled. Such a hard working player, and deserving of another year if he's confident he's got it in him. It would be tough to walk away from the club at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Loving his crunching tackles. He has laid some absolute rippers this year.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.zerohanger.com/revealed-t...efenders-3286/

Not that it means that much, but Supercoach have released their defenders ratings for 2016. Look who is rated the 2nd most valuable defender (no surprises for guessing).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    http://www.zerohanger.com/revealed-t...efenders-3286/

Not that it means that much, but Supercoach have released their defenders ratings for 2016. Look who is rated the 2nd most valuable defender (no surprises for guessing).
    A lot of sceptics when Bevo moved him to the backline but he was a star back there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest surprise about Boydynuts this year was his ability to kick on his wrong foot. Not quite Murph standard but very competent.

Just about the best reader of play in our team and almost certainly our best tackler....not as prolific as Dahlhaus but is great at nailing really big tackles.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A lot of sceptics when Bevo moved him to the backline but he was a star back there.

I was sceptical when we gave him another contract but I'm happy to be so wrong.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

For mine, what was most unbelievable about Boyd last season was not as much that he was successful on a back flank, but more how good his kicking was - getting out of the engine room and giving himself than extra second or so to sum up a situation and make a decision virtually eliminated the stomach-turning error from his game. File that one to "shocking-but-probably-should-have-been-obvious".

If he didn't happen to share a backline with Easton and Bob he would have made All Australian. He still probably should have.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    For mine, what was most unbelievable about Boyd last season was not as much that he was successful on a back flank, but more how good his kicking was - getting out of the engine room and giving himself than extra second or so to sum up a situation and make a decision virtually eliminated the stomach-turning error from his game. File that one to "shocking-but-probably-should-have-been-obvious".

If he didn't happen to share a backline with Easton and Bob he would have made All Australian. He still probably should have.
    I think it's the burden of the captaincy being lifted from his shoulders helped. He doesn't feel his every kick has to find a target 60 metres away. He kicks within his limitations now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for Bevo, Boyd would have been delisted by now, in an unceremonious way a la Cross.
    I like Bevo's glass half full approach.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus