Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  155
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liam Jones' First Outing In Carton Colours

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    And that is your perogative G. I on the other hand enjoy the occasional indulgence in some schadenfreude.
    I'll say, this story even got put on Dogs Day before I moved it onto the AFL board. It's obviously very exciting news.....to some.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

And that is your perogative G. I on the other hand enjoy the occasional indulgence in some schadenfreude.
    Yep, each to their own. I don't mind seeing a guy who's left for greener pastures fail or have no success.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes N/A, Cyberdoggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he play on Brad Edwards ? A mid?
    Same old same old. I'm sure Liam will tease with the good game here or there, but you'd think he'd put in a good one first up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'll say, this story even got put on Dogs Day before I moved it onto the AFL board. It's obviously very exciting news.....to some.
    I take your point. I take exception when a player doesn't perform for your club then turns it on for his new team.

6. Likes Bulldog4life, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I take your point. I take exception when a player doesn't perform for your club then turns it on for his new team.
    Maybe you shouldn't necessarily place all of the blame on the player.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A lot of our Bulldog members seem to take great delight in a poor performance by an ex player. I'm more focused on how the team goes today.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    agree, who cares about the ex players
    Taking time out during the morning of our first NAB Cup match to post on something quite topical (a turncoat fails in his first outing yesterday for a new club) does not mean we are not interested in how the team goes today. It is all grist for the mill.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Taking time out during the morning of our first NAB Cup match to post on something quite topical (a turncoat fails in his first outing yesterday for a new club) does not mean we are not interested in how the team goes today. It is all grist for the mill.
    Hopefully turncoats, Tom Boyd & Koby Stevens have better days
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

11. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't necessarily place all of the blame on the player.
    Well if footy is a business( as we hear it is) an employee is paid to play to the best of his ability, and if he performs better under his new employer then he deserves to be scrutinised.
    FWIW I don't subscribe to the theory that football is a business, but that's what we're fed consistently .

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he wasn't playing today?
    I thought I saw his name on the bench but you're right he isn't playing.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Well if footy is a business( as we hear it is) an employee is paid to play to the best of his ability, and if he performs better under his new employer then he deserves to be scrutinised.
    FWIW I don't subscribe to the theory that football is a business, but that's what we're fed consistently .
    Me either. I also think the media/footballers/clubs misunderstand the word "professional" as purely someone who receives money and not as an attitude to your craft or profession.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Footy is one of the few things in life that I can let my heart rule my head and not regret it later. It's a great emotional outlet.

Post Thanks / Like

Meh Meh
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also up to the employer to get the best out of an employee. Football is a a fairly un-standard workplace where the players performance is also reasonably dependent upon the clubs ability to train, teach and get the best out of them. If this doesn't occur then while certainly blame can be placed on the player to varying degrees, the role of the club needs to be looked at too.

Post Thanks / Like

Jones 3 kicks in 3 quarters.

I wonder how long until Carlton members realise they've been fed BS all pre season.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes N/A, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha