Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  155
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liam Jones' First Outing In Carton Colours

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jones 3 kicks in 3 quarters.

I wonder how long until Carlton members realise they've been fed BS all pre season.
    My Carlton mates were not happy about the signing from the outset.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the venom aimed at Liam. He's moved on now and Redpath has jumped in his spot and is doing quite well. Shouldn't we be more focused on that?

3. Likes chef, Go_Dogs, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think he will end up being a good player for Carlton. Kicked 2 goals today missed a sitter and was the number one forward on Harry Taylor. When he eventually has the second to third best defender he should be a more consistent player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't get the venom aimed at Liam. He's moved on now and Redpath has jumped in his spot and is doing quite well. Shouldn't we be more focused on that?
    Can't speak for everyone, but for me it's a mere matter of interest in ex-players. Every Carlton mouth piece for 4 months has talked, ney passionately screamed, about a gun player with a new marking technique and a guy destroying defenders. So I'm curious to see this player I never saw. I'm assuming some others might be interested too. Just stating it seems like BS from Carlton and I stated a fact, to three quarter time he had 3 kicks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Tom Boyd breaks a contract to come to the dogs and we embrace him. Liam Jones contracts runs out and leaves us so some feel the need to highlight when he doesn't measure up. Higgins plays well for North so nothing to mention yet.

I'd still rather watch the players we have than the ones that we don't.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Tom Boyd breaks a contract to come to the dogs and we embrace him. Liam Jones contracts runs out and leaves us so some feel the need to highlight when he doesn't measure up. Higgins plays well for North so nothing to mention yet.

I'd still rather watch the players we have than the ones that we don't.
    Can't watch other games? Can't mention former players in those games? .??.?

Edit: Boyd embraced us, Jones repudiated us. I think that's a valid point you make.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Can't watch other games? Can't mention former players in those games? .??.?

Edit: Boyd embraced us, Jones repudiated us. I think that's a valid point you make.
    You sure can, I watched a replay of last night though and I still prefer to watch us.

My point is that it's only the negative comments on ex players that gets threads like this bumped.
    Peoples choice but not something I overly enjoy reading.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You sure can, I watched a replay of last night though and I still prefer to watch us.

My point is that it's only the negative comments on ex players that gets threads like this bumped.
    Peoples choice but not something I overly enjoy reading.
    If he played well, kicked 7 or so, I'd bump it too. The Carlton rhetoric on him is why I'm still even thinking about him. A new technique, new fitness, new attitudes. Apparently he's overnight everything we couldn't make him in 6 years. So of course I'm interested. The problem is he's played 3 poor games in 3 outings. Hes not given any of us a chance to bump the thread on a positive game!!

12. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All I know is that we swapped Jones for pick 46 and nabbed Caleb Daniel with it.

Caleb Daniel makes me smile. It makes me feel good to watch him. He puts a spring in my step. Jones just gave me a knot in my stomach, a lump in my throat and a sinking feeling the vast majority of the time.

Whilst I'm at it, Shaun Higgins' departure paved the way for us to take Lukas Webb. From what I've seen of Webb, his upside is enormous. In my opinion, it's bigger than Higgins', whilst he certainly has more longevity. Early doors, but I'm feeling good about that kid.

We should just let it go, now. Worry about our backyard and our objective: Tonnes of talent and shaping it into this club's first real dynasty since we joined the League. That HAS TO BE the focus. Jones is rearview mirror stuff - as is Higgins.

I haven't felt this good about our future for 5-6 years. I'm telling every Dogs supporter I know, "Get onboard now. Watch it from the beginning. By design, by luck, or a combination of the two, we're building something very, very promising."

Post Thanks / Like

I think that in hindsight the players that have left us have done us a favour.

The guy that went to GWS may still hurt but in 2-3 years will we care. The couple that went to Carlton were on the fringe so what's the big deal.

The other who went to North good luck but again others will get their opportunity the past player has never hit his potential.

Essendon may have got a Brownlow player but again since he won it again only a small glimpse of how great he was.

I like what I see in the future and that is were my focus lies. I was a big supporter of the coach, Macca as I was of rocket but you can't change events so you have to get on with the future.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I personally find Liam Jones an interesting topic and enjoy reading fellow Woofers opinions of him.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an open forum. If no one wants to discuss anything not about the club, they won't. End of this and any other like thread.

Sorry, but it's a lot like being told we can't walk and chew gum at the same time if theres a post that isn't about internal things. Maybe if we shut every non internal thread, shut all the other boards and only allow publication of sanctioned posts...

Carlton have said for 4 months they've turned a former player into a gun player. Time and time again. That intrigues me as it relates to our ability to have developed him, and managed him, and coached him. It implies a deficiency on our part, an incompetence, an u professionalism. To date, the facts are this implication is BS. I find it interesting, and it's a footy forum. So ignore me and others and this thread will die a natural death. Or leave those that find it interesting alone to discuss what we find interesting.

18. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, F'scary, AndrewP6, N/A, Sedat, chef, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an open forum. If no one wants to discuss anything not about the club, they won't. End of this and any other like thread.

Sorry, but it's a lot like being told we can't walk and chew gum at the same time if theres a post that isn't about internal things. Maybe if we shut every non internal thread, shut all the other boards and only allow publication of sanctioned posts...

Carlton have said for 4 months they've turned a former player into a gun player. Time and time again. That intrigues me as it relates to our ability to have developed him, and managed him, and coached him. It implies a deficiency on our part, an incompetence, an u professionalism. To date, the facts are this implication is BS. I find it interesting, and it's a footy forum. So ignore me and others and this thread will die a natural death. Or leave those that find it interesting alone to discuss what we find interesting.
    Strong words.

As an open forum people are also free to express their distaste for a topic too. I enjoy the strong mindedness displayed by all though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Strong words.

As an open forum people are also free to express their distaste for a topic too. I enjoy the strong mindedness displayed by all though.
    And as an open forum I can express my distaste to their distaste, to others distaste about distasteful things...

I just don't get why this conversation needed to have continued on. A thread without postings dies. An uninteresting thread dies too. I think whether another, bigger, club can immediately transform a player we couldn't in 6 years is an interesting topic. Especially how hard they pushed it in the media. Whether he succeeds, fails or plebs on.

21. Likes Maddog37, chef, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mick has come out reportedly this week and said "he can't see where Carlton will lose a game"

That is more outlandish than any comment about Liam Jones.

Personally, I am concerned about the mental stability of the Carlton coach.

Is it really about marketing, because if Mick really believes what he reportedly said at the Carlton season launch, he should not be in gainful employment at all.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

23. Likes jeemak liked this post