Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  81
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CEO - What's Happening?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They have both come off the board now.
    Yes I know, I was responding to bullies' comment 'Surely he can't continue on the board'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    It would be interesting to know if his hat was in the ring 12 months ago. If he was a close 2nd then after a thorough process, maybe his quick appointment 12 months later makes more sense.

Like others, I am a big PG fan but he does seem to be a difficult character to work with if you are not totally eye to eye with him, going all the way back to Wheels. Seeing multiple board members transferring over to the executive does have the hallmarks of the club becoming a bit of a boys club.

That doesn't mean that Gary isn't a perfectly capable candidate who may go on to do an outstanding job, like all of us I certainly hope that's the case, but a pattern is starting to form and aspects of this whole episode just don't sit right.
    Well written. I think there needs to be some level of communication to members to address perceptions of instability or misalignment between board and operations. 2 CEO's in 18 months, 2 board members moving into the operations realm.
    There may well be wonderful reasons for these actions, and they may be moves for the betterment of the club. But I think in the absence of anything other than bland meaningless press releases it's fair for people to raise an eyebrow and not just automatically grab a cup and drink from the kool-aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe Gary wasn't available last year , other commitments ? we just don't know, we do know one thing , he is bulldog through and through and has an impressive resume , who cares if the video was amateur it's not about how you perform in front of a camera. I wouldn't be doesn't mean I'm shit at my job
    I'd add a further statement to that:

Always beware the charismatic accountant! Charismatic accountants are generally crooks!
    It's the dour/awkward ones who are generally competent and trustworthy!...

And Finance and Accountancy people generally make good CEO's.
    And I'd rather a slightly awkward accountant running the show than Carl Stefanovic or Darryl Somers!

Besides, I think that, like Eddie McGuire, PG sees himself as the mouthpiece of the club. Therefore perhaps he feels that Gary Kent is a better fit for him.

Post Thanks / Like

After his nervous start, here is the CEO talking about building on momentum.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...-02/ceo-speaks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post