Thanks Thanks:  212
Likes Likes:  121
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Sound clouds, audio and podcasts.

SACKED podcast has just released season 3. There is one with Barry Hall and one with the great Dougie Hawkins.

I’ve listened to half of the Hawkins one and it’s a great laugh.

The bit where he talks about joining the dogs, his manager and the car added to his package was hilarious!! I laughed out loud on my walk

2. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two Dogs Podcast - guests Simon Beasley and Rick Kennedy - listen here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Johnson has a regular spot on RSN every Thursday morning.

It was really interesting listening to his opinion on the Bulldogs - around the 4 min mark to 10 min mark.

Fairly well balanced and he touches back to 2016 and now.

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/show...episode=741900
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo spoke on SEN Breakfast this morning - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/...e-to-bulldogs/.

He sounds frustrated with the league, including the extra time he's had to spend on list management this off-season, and also spoke fairly openly about Dunks and Lachie Hunter.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

8. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Bevo spoke on SEN Breakfast this morning - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/...e-to-bulldogs/.

He sounds frustrated with the league, including the extra time he's had to spend on list management this off-season, and also spoke fairly openly about Dunks and Lachie Hunter.
    That comes across as genuine surprise. Not sure how it built up to such a crescendo right under his nose. Clearly the communication wasn't there, which I think is what's surprised him the most considering he is apparently close to Josh.
    Not sure how it makes me feel about Josh's part in this, but I'll keep my powder dry and put it down to professional sport. Doesn't mean it's forgotten.
    Its a fine line we tread now. Do we retain his leadership status and possibly alienate some in the group, or do we demote him and alienate Josh?
    I'd be team first personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post

I think Bevo should steer away from list management decisions. He has to get his coaching right and just work with the players the recruiting team assemble
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Bevo should steer away from list management decisions. He has to get his coaching right and just work with the players the recruiting team assemble
    With the AFL mucking around with list changes and not giving clear directions well before Trading/drafting, I think this is a one off for him to get so involved.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    With the AFL mucking around with list changes and not giving clear directions well before Trading/drafting, I think this is a one off for him to get so involved.
    How hard is it? Keep the players we want to, make the hard call on some others, go to the draft and if you miss some targets you might be able to redraft a player

Bevo needs to be focusing on coaching and player development and just work with the players he is given
    Let the coaches coach and leave the list management to the recruiting team

I get that it's been a tough year for all but we can't let every distraction within the AFL become an issue for the coach
    I don't want this to become another excuse in why we can't reach our potential

Post Thanks / Like

It's unavoidable that the head coach be involved to some extent in list discussions. He's the one who has to coach them and has the insights into what we want. where our priorities are, which players apply themselves and look like improving etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's unavoidable that the head coach be involved to some extent in list discussions. He's the one who has to coach them and has the insights into what we want. where our priorities are, which players apply themselves and look like improving etc.
    It's about managing priorities.
    Bevo's primary focus is coaching and developing players not getting overly involved on who we are likely to recruit and delist.
    We already have a team that gets measured on their ability to recruit, identify players and manage the list.
    With someone like Treloar of course they would seek out his thoughts but that's about where it should stop.

Post Thanks / Like

It's about managing priorities.
    Bevo's primary focus is coaching and developing players not getting overly involved on who we are likely to recruit and delist.
    We already have a team that gets measured on their ability to recruit, identify players and manage the list.
    With someone like Treloar of course they would seek out his thoughts but that's about where it should stop.
    At this time of year with no training what is he doing that's taking his focus? I'm not saying he should have the final say by any means but he must be a consulted on proposed changes at the very least. Anything else he could be doing (working on tactics for example) would be impacted by the list he is working with so it's absolutely relevant to him and his plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that BMAC put his foot down with Ollie Wines and was bypassed for Jack Mac. Good call recruiters!
    They are the ones that watch these kids day in day out.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The Bont on RSN breakfast here

Post Thanks / Like

https://tofop.com/2g1c/2g1c-presents...h-shane-delia/

Talking Bulldogs with Shane Delia.

Post Thanks / Like

SEN today

Luke Beveridge here

Kylie Watson- Wheeler here

21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post