Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extremely Dissapointed

Sorry to hear this Snoop. I remember when you first posted about Ellie and I had a lot of trouble reconciling the gorgeous pic of her with what the future held for her. It's a tough world sometimes. I hope you and your family can find some ease.

I just did a quick google and found this article, I hope you don't mind if I link it, because the photo at the end is amazing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-tiny/2577820/

Much Bulldog love to you.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Thanks bornadog, N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Sorry to hear this Snoop. I remember when you first posted about Ellie and I had a lot of trouble reconciling the gorgeous pic of her with what the future held for her. It's a tough world sometimes. I hope you and your family can find some ease.

I just did a quick google and found this article, I hope you don't mind if I link it, because the photo at the end is amazing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-tiny/2577820/

Much Bulldog love to you.

Of course I don't mind EW, that is a gorgeous pic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Condolences to you and your family Snoop Dog. Disappointing from the club that they did not act on your request. All I can say is that the club is about the supporters, and we as supporters are there to support each other through the good and not so good times. Stick with the Bulldog family SD as it will bring you strength.

This is too true, appreciate all the sentiments from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone else, I am so sorry and sad for your terrible loss. None of us can really find the adequate words but let's hope there is some small comfort in the thoughts care and sympathy of your WOOF family.

It is very hard to accept what could have gone wrong from the club's point of view, except to say that unfortunately like so many businesses the club increasingly directs people to the web as a point of contact, and you have to wonder if your request had been heard by a real person, whether the response would have been more immediate and compassionate. Hopefully an immediate review of processes will follow this blunder.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your niece Snoop. My sincere condolences to you and your extended family.
    I hope you find some comfort at this time from the overwhelming support I'm reading here on Woof. Hopefully those at the Club, accountable for member support and satisfaction, do not lose sight of the little things that go to make a big difference to our culture.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to keep you all in the loop, I recieved an email from the club today, apologising for the lack of reply, apparently my request was miss filed. They have promised a condolence letter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Just to keep you all in the loop, I recieved an email from the club today, apologising for the lack of reply, apparently my request was miss filed. They have promised a condolence letter.
    Poor excuse from the club as far as I am concerned.

Chin up the club is bigger than the individuals who stuff up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you snoop. The club could and should have done better.

Thinking of you.

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All my heart felt condolences to you and your family Snoop at this sad time.

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not like hearing stuff like this. So sorry SD. My condolences are with you and your family.
    Not great by our club but at least there gonna send you a letter.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been on WOOF much lately. I'm terribly sad to read of this tragic loss. My condolences to you and the family. I must say you have been kind in describing your thoughts as 'disappointed'- I think it's disgusting that no response at all was received, save for a tokenistic offer of a letter. What a pitiful response. One small gesture would not have been hard to arrange. However at times like this, I think it is a timely reminder of how precious life is, and in the scheme of life, how insignificant games are. Yes we're passionate, yes we wear our hearts on our sleeves, but really, it is just a game. The important things are the special moments we are privileged to share with our near and dear. No words can really heal the hurt you are feeling, but I hope you and your family can find some comfort in the many cherished memories that will live forever. My best wishes to you.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

19. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Maddog37, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news and all of my thoughts and wishes to your family Snoop, I tried to think of the best way to respond but I thank whythelongface for posting my thoughts brilliantly.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

21. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Haven't been on WOOF much lately. I'm terribly sad to read of this tragic loss. My condolences to you and the family. I must say you have been kind in describing your thoughts as 'disappointed'- I think it's disgusting that no response at all was received, save for a tokenistic offer of a letter. What a pitiful response. One small gesture would not have been hard to arrange. However at times like this, I think it is a timely reminder of how precious life is, and in the scheme of life, how insignificant games are. Yes we're passionate, yes we wear our hearts on our sleeves, but really, it is just a game. The important things are the special moments we are privileged to share with our near and dear. No words can really heal the hurt you are feeling, but I hope you and your family can find some comfort in the many cherished memories that will live forever. My best wishes to you.
    Thanks Andrew, well said, nothing is bigger than thw love we have for Ellie

23. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been around very much this year and just read the sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family on such a tragic loss. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as I read the article and looked at the pics of Ellie, for my seven year old grandniece has the same name. Since she lives in Arizona I have only seen her a few times. I hope that your angel Ellie will look down upon our Ellie and watch over her from above.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

25. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    I haven't been around very much this year and just read the sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family on such a tragic loss. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as I read the article and looked at the pics of Ellie, for my seven year old grandniece has the same name. Since she lives in Arizona I have only seen her a few times. I hope that your angel Ellie will look down upon our Ellie and watch over her from above.
    I am sure she will, thanks Chicago1

27. Likes Twodogs liked this post