Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Roughy set to re-sign

Always nice to see someone who barracked for the club make a career with the club he loves.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-3...-in-the-kennel
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roughy set to re-sign

Great Stuff, love Roughy and hopefully he has an injury free season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this man.

Get the deal done dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

We football followers sometimes have short memories, and tend to be forgetful of past performances.

Fox Footy has replayed a game against Collingwood from last year, in which Roughie was crippled by shoulder problems. I watched a close up of him getting up from the bottom of a pack to do the ruckwork in the back pocket ball up. The pain and effort of his whole year was captured in that one close up shot.

Here's hoping that the deal gets done; as a club we cannot afford to loose an individual who is such a quality person.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    We football followers sometimes have short memories, and tend to be forgetful of past performances.

Fox Footy has replayed a game against Collingwood from last year, in which Roughie was crippled by shoulder problems. I watched a close up of him getting up from the bottom of a pack to do the ruckwork in the back pocket ball up. The pain and effort of his whole year was captured in that one close up shot.
    In a good or bad way?

I'm very confident in saying that Roughy was a liability to our performances in the second half of 2014.. The coaching staff need to take the blame for this as it was clear to all that he was playing under duress (as noted) and should have been put in for surgery.

Anyway, hoping for a big year from Roughy as we need him to hold our defence together.. His pre-season form was promising so hoping he was a sign of good things to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In a good or bad way?

I'm very confident in saying that Roughy was a liability to our performances in the second half of 2014.. The coaching staff need to take the blame for this as it was clear to all that he was playing under duress (as noted) and should have been put in for surgery.Anyway, hoping for a big year from Roughy as we need him to hold our defence together.. His pre-season form was promising so hoping he was a sign of good things to come.
    Don't know that he was a liability but you are right in saying he should not have played. He was clearly hampered. Unfortunately we were further hampered by inadequate defensive stocks.