Thanks Thanks:  59
Likes Likes:  554
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What a stupid banner

More to the point where is Woofa? Has he been replaced by the dancing "pack"?

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think the message was particularly funny but like the intent. Perhaps the message should be on the back for the crowd's benefit and the players are faced with the Bulldogs emblem when they come out.

I'm old enough to remember when our banner had inspiring messages such as "Please" and "ring Marge for catering".
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Having bought coffees in Perth, I thought it was pretty funny. Although, with a Perth native for a husband, picking on WA is a bit of a pass time in my place...
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

I think anyone can write the quote in the banner you just send it into the cheer squad and they choose the one they like the most that passes all the rules

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Didn't think the message was particularly funny but like the intent. Perhaps the message should be on the back for the crowd's benefit and the players are faced with the Bulldogs emblem when they come out.

I'm old enough to remember when our banner had inspiring messages such as "Please" and "ring Marge for catering".
    sometimes we were reduced to promoting local butchers or plumbers, however you can't go past the one in 97 PFS where we sent our sympathy to the royal family for the loss of Princess Di. What the hell!!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I see the humor I just wonder what Boyd felt. He would be getting pretty sick of hearing the amount of money he will be on. I'm sure he didn't expect it from his own club. It was a bit strange and irrelevant.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an idea. Perhaps the Boyd contract is a big in house joke and the banner was a continuation of that plus a little dig at WA. Each to their own but maybe people need to lighten up a little

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobdog View Post
    Here's an idea. Perhaps the Boyd contract is a big in house joke and the banner was a continuation of that plus a little dig at WA. Each to their own but maybe people need to lighten up a little
    Agree, I'm sure he gets ribbed about it all the time from his team mates. Part and parcel of a team environment.

Some people need to just realax and have a laugh
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of making it the elephant in the room, accept it won't go away and embrace it with light hearted humour

11. Likes Throughandthrough, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Your all class mate.
    Now that was a really funny comment on your part but I am not sure you can see the humour in it.

But yeah, not one of my greatest efforts. I was cheesed off with one of the mod's underhanded tactics on another thread - a deliberate misconstrual without a right of reply. Having had a few match day drinks, I lashed out at what I perceived to be another shouting down of someone daring to express an opinion that wasn't mind-numbingly, boringly safe. Rereading, I was being heavy handed, so sorry to the poster of "lighten up."
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have a problem with it I was just wondering what Boyd was thinking. Maybe you're right, maybe it is a big joke but there is no problem having a problem with it either.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobdog View Post
    Instead of making it the elephant in the room, accept it won't go away and embrace it with light hearted humour
    For me, it wasn't the Boyd part, it was the tag that didn't satisfy. There isn't enough put down in a jibe about expensive coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    There are these things called jokes...

Sometimes when people attempt these jokes you need to understand that they aren't to be taken literally but rather as comical exaggerations. How funny it is is debatable but for a footy banner in a professional competition it's fine.
    They could have gone a wee-bit further with the jibe. But that is the times we live in and I take your meaning.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Perth and buy coffee here every day. I thought it was funny (and sadly true).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

It got 44 posts talking about it on here. Pretty successful as a banner I'd say