Thanks Thanks:  59
Likes Likes:  554
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What a GREAT banner

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    Just reading this thread has got me started early.
    I love re-watching the '16 Granny; because a Granny resulting in a convincing win is what it is, worthy of a lifetime of bragging rights.
    But on the sweetness scale, beating those arrogant Plastic Pr**ks (maybe they could be renamed The Dildoes?) on their home turf in front of their bussed-in ignorant "supporters" was right up there for me.
    The Dildoes. That is perfection.

Danny’s PF banner was a genuine work of art. He captured why the stadium was a sea of red, white and blue, why families jumped in cars and drove 10 hours to cheer our team despite, or because of, decades of heartbreak. That banner, and the goosebumps when it went up, will live forever. It’s a real shame that we have returned to Bland 101 Banner Styles.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am biased, well because I am, but I'm trying to think of - apart from Adelaide 97 - a convoy of backs to the wall supporters hunting a win interstate like we did in '16.

We as a club and a supporter group were ravenous and uncompromising, from the banner message through to the players, and every last Bulldogs supporter who made it to the ground or watched it on TV. It was a savage moment in football history.

It will be interesting to see how history views it in the context of AFL away finals wins.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I am biased, well because I am, but I'm trying to think of - apart from Adelaide 97 - a convoy of backs to the wall supporters hunting a win interstate like we did in '16.

We as a club and a supporter group were ravenous and uncompromising, from the banner message through to the players, and every last Bulldogs supporter who made it to the ground or watched it on TV. It was a savage moment in football history.

It will be interesting to see how history views it in the context of AFL away finals wins.
    It IMO is our Club's greatest moment. An entire community across generations mobilised, put one hand on the Premiership and with Bulldog tenacity, never let go. We filled their stadium, drank their beer, rattled them with abuse and raucous applause for our own. It was a coherent and organised F YOU to that club, to history, to the AFL, to everyone that wasn't us. There was mass catharsis at the final siren, but in the lead up we were the embodiment of what we believe our Club to be. Unyielding, resilient, passionate.

I will never forget that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about the banners (and secretly dreading another season of cringey “rah rah we will win” stuff) and I thought of First Dog as someone that would likely come up with super amazing (and very unique) ideas.

Where is First Dog these days? I don’t recall seeing him in these parts (or doing dogs related content) for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I was thinking about the banners (and secretly dreading another season of cringey “rah rah we will win” stuff) and I thought of First Dog as someone that would likely come up with super amazing (and very unique) ideas.

Where is First Dog these days? I don’t recall seeing him in these parts (or doing dogs related content) for a long time.
    He doesn't post at all these days. He is living in Tassie and very busy with the Guardian Cartoons. Still a Doggies supporter of course.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

He's an international figure jet setting across the world fighting (political comment sensored) everywhere he sees it now.

Post Thanks / Like

It pains me to admit that Collingwood’s banners have become the best in the league. They are putting out stuff that definitely takes a leaf out of our Danny banners and, from a marketing perspective, having people taking notice and sharing them on social media can’t be bad for business.

I bet it becomes another bargaining chip with potential sponsors and, if nothing else, this has got to be something we potentially had at the peak of our banner powers that we have now lost.

Last nights banner:
    Sellout at the Gabba
    To see the Pies take flight
    We’ll win away, a win away
    The Lion sleeps tonight

Round 1 (calling back to their disastrous Grand final one that fell apart):
    We’ve studied the footage
    We’ve found our mistake
    Redemption starts now
    With twice as much tape

Last year v GWS (after the second kicking out incident)
    It’s Pies vs Giants
    They’re in our nest
    We’ll send them home
    With a kick to the chest

Last year (the week after they were called on a spelling mistake)
    The Hmuan Biran
    Is a wnfoerudl tinhg
    But eevn btteer
    Is a ciollgnowod win

10. Likes ratsmac, bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny McGinlay's (non-official) banner for tonight:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

This is so on point. I was at the game and never thought of the role we the crowd played. It was ruthless - from the booing when they walked out the noise after the final siren.

If letting them know about it every opportunity counts in anyway toward the greater good, I’m confident I played my part.

Post Thanks / Like

How the f@#$ is that not throwing the ball?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    How the f@#$ is that not throwing the ball?
    Interesting banner idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Interesting banner idea
    Swapped threads without realising when I thumped my iPad.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

We should NEVER have let Danny leave. He singlehandedly turned a turgid and poorly ageing medium into a funny and interesting format.

17. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Who's Craig Eagle?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

According to Danny, there will be no banners at the Grand final. He said he will do a fake banner for the granny.

Can he beat this one for 2016 GF

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post