Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three Things I've Learned 2015 - Round 2 Edition

Once the Round 2 match against Richmond is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Things I've Learned 2015 - Round 2 Edition

Some changes against the Hawks no doubt
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can play finals football this year
    2. Dickson is getting better and better and is critical to the team
    3. Mitch Wallis is really stepping up into a leader

Post Thanks / Like

1. Honeychurch and Dickson have really stepped up.
    2. Jong's non-mark is the worst decision in the season thus far.
    3. Get Alex Rance next year.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. What I learned today most of all today is that we have a cohesive team that is learning and gaining belief at a rapid rate. We may not ultimately be able to sustain this for 22 weeks, however we are going to set a great platform to move to the next level in 12 months.
    2. Stringer could be something special but he needs to improve immensely in the simple things or he will eternally frustrate coaches and fans alike.
    3. It's going to be hard for those outside of the current 22 to get into the side. And that is a great sign when you think of the emerging talent in the ressies.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've only got one, the international science community could have saved billions by not building the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, Bontempelli is living proof that God exists, because he is it.

Even when he has a player sitting on him, he tackles and every tackle counts.

We haven't had anyone like him since turtle, fox footy even had references to "The Bont" in its stats bar

Post Thanks / Like

1. Great to play in front of a big ground on a beautiful day and beat a so called big club.

2. You can lose in the midfield, in total disposals, inside 50's, free kick count but importantly win tackling, cont possessions and team play and still win the game.

3. Dickson is an opportunist but we need to create the opportunities as we have done the last two weeks and get the ball down to him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

BAD I think you are under selling Dickson version 2015. He is fitter, stronger, quicker and covers more ground than previous years.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD I think you are under selling Dickson version 2015. He is fitter, stronger, quicker and covers more ground than previous years.
    BAD, I'm also confident that you've made the wrong call on Dickson. He performed well up the field and applied pressure up forward. He's a fair bit more than just an opportunist.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Cordy experiment at CHF was a dud (good move by Bevo to get him off). Cordy is first ruckman or not in the team. We need a more mobile CHF: Redpath or give Hamling a go.

2. I thought Stringer was a better set shot at goal. Restated as a question: what the F has happened to Stringer with his set shots? When he came to us he was crafty. On a par with Dickson. Now he can't hit a barn door...

3. We can beat 23. (thanks Umps).
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    BAD, I'm also confident that you've made the wrong call on Dickson. He performed well up the field and applied pressure up forward. He's a fair bit more than just an opportunist.
    Yeah and hasn't torn a pectoral muscle! Ever torn one of them? Debilitating to say the least!

The bloke is a lethal set shot. LETHAL. Best I've seen for us - alongside Hudson. Even if he got three cheap chest marks inside 50 per game, he'd be worth his spot.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Talia's defensive skills are right up there.

2. Bonty can tackle too!

3. The Baby Bombers of 2000 are to be overtaken by the even better Baby Bulldogs of 2015.

14. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our tackling pressure is elite, one moment the opposition is in space and the next the guy with the ball and all his options are covered

2. Cordy is still miles away from contributing at AFL level

3. Dickson has a lot to offer, even broke tackles through the midfield today
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I am only saying positive things about him. He has been terrific. Give him the opportunity and he will kick goals. By that I mean further up the ground has got to get the ball to him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Dickson is the most underrated player on our list. His work rate and ability to hit the scoreboard is top class.

2. Liam Picken needs to stop kicking the ball.

3. Mitch Wallis is a leader of this group.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"