Thanks Thanks:  69
Likes Likes:  506
Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Ruck Me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well Ruck Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Love reading that about at least one of our players. Aside from Cordy, who has the inner mongrel?
    Cordy is in his own class. Although Gowers looks like he might have that streak in him, early days. Same with Young at both levels, but early days too. Hopefully Dunkley adds complete mongrel to that hulking frame.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Love reading that about at least one of our players. Aside from Cordy, who has the inner mongrel?
    Libba, definitely.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cordy is in his own class. Although Gowers looks like he might have that streak in him, early days. Same with Young at both levels, but early days too. Hopefully Dunkley adds complete mongrel to that hulking frame.
    Lewis? Couldn't disagree more, at times he looks to avoid body contact. Happy to give him a pass as he's still young and skinny but he needs to get it out of his game as he has most of the tools to be a very good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Lewis? Couldn't disagree more, at times he looks to avoid body contact. Happy to give him a pass as he's still young and skinny but he needs to get it out of his game as he has most of the tools to be a very good player.
    In contests, sure. I could've been clearer. When there's a 'mallee' or the need to jump in to fly the flag for a team mate, he's almost first in. He doesn't skirt the edges like some do.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

In contests, sure. I could've been clearer. When there's a 'mallee' or the need to jump in to fly the flag for a team mate, he's almost first in. He doesn't skirt the edges like some do.
    Fair enough. I would prefer he shows toughness in actual contests than largely pointless push and shove battles.

8. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems we might have some talks about rucks.

Sweet is raw, but promising. I’m a fan in the medium term.
    English is a very good second ruck, tall forward. Let’s stick to this.
    Martin is getting injured, who knows for how long, but it didn’t look great. Hopefully we can get him cherry ripe again.

Martin is 35 come November this year. Do we hitch to him again, or look to do something similar with a veteran elsewhere? I ask as there aren’t a lot of 35yo ruckman that missed a decent chunk of footy in their 34th year on earth.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to unearth another Hickey at season's end. Has been terrific at the Swans, and totally bog ordinary before that.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin is getting injured, who knows for how long, but it didn’t look great. Hopefully we can get him cherry ripe again.

Martin is 35 come November this year. Do we hitch to him again, or look to do something similar with a veteran elsewhere? I ask as there aren’t a lot of 35yo ruckman that missed a decent chunk of footy in their 34th year on earth.
    I know Martin has a trigger in his contract for a second year IF he met certain benchmarks with us this season, who knows where he currently sits with that with all the injuries, hopefully this AC-Joint injury isn't toooo bad, but as said elsewhere, we need to start using him like Mummy, few games, then swap him for Sweet, only bring him in for the big occasions.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Martin to the rookie list, becomes our ruck coach.
    I definitely want another mature ruck so we can leave English as the no 2 ruck/forward. Given the ruck depth woes of St Kilda, Essendon and Gold Coast the market may be hot for rucks this year.

I expect Mason Cox to get a ruck gig somewhere, that's one. He doesn't seem a Bevo type though as he's a tap ruckman first and just doesn't have game sense.

I like what I've seen of Darcy Fort, but if you're 200cm+ and can't get a game at Geelong something must be going on behind the scenes.
    Archie Smith is an RFA and I've liked a few Bellenden signs as well (he's OOC).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Martin to the rookie list, becomes our ruck coach.
    I definitely want another mature ruck so we can leave English as the no 2 ruck/forward. Given the ruck depth woes of St Kilda, Essendon and Gold Coast the market may be hot for rucks this year.

I expect Mason Cox to get a ruck gig somewhere, that's one. He doesn't seem a Bevo type though as he's a tap ruckman first and just doesn't have game sense.

I like what I've seen of Darcy Fort, but if you're 200cm+ and can't get a game at Geelong something must be going on behind the scenes.
    Callum Sinclair? I don't know much about him, and he will be 32 next season but seems on the outer at the Swans.
    My memory of him is he's pretty solid, might be a more seasoned version of Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I thought English did well at getting behind the ball and helping the defenders in the second half. Unfortunately he's not quite there in the middle - but we need him in there over the next few weeks.

16. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Callum Sinclair? I don't know much about him, and he will be 32 next season but seems on the outer at the Swans.
    My memory of him is he's pretty solid, might be a more seasoned version of Sweet.
    Sinclair from West Coast originally?
    I only remember him a couple of years ago when he seemed a very competant no 2 ruck. I expect Sydney want to keep him

Post Thanks / Like

Sinclair is a fine third tall forward and a full on horrible ruck. No thanks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Geez I thought English did well at getting behind the ball and helping the defenders in the second half. Unfortunately he's not quite there in the middle - but we need him in there over the next few weeks.
    He did, it’s not a knock on him. His marking up forward especially, and around the ground his a great asset for the team. My comment was I think in an ideal world he’s the most dangerous when he’s the second ruck and allowed the freedom to hurt opponents or help around the ground. I love what he’s done this year with this role. My preference is this continues and we have a couple of Number 1 ruck options next year. Sweet and I’m unsure whether the other is Martin right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sinclair from West Coast originally?
    I only remember him a couple of years ago when he seemed a very competant no 2 ruck. I expect Sydney want to keep him
    Yes that's the one. He's been in and out of the side. Only played the 4 games and was dropped again this week after a recall for the Carlton game. Hickey was back from injury too but they preferred the young guy Joel Amartey (who looks a ripping contested mark) doing the second ruck / forward role.